Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, isn't it possible for Disney to expand Disney Village and share construction costs with outside companies who are allowed to operate at Disney Village like Rainforest Cafe, McDonalds, Gaumont or Planet Hollywood?
I'm not sure how those co-operations are arranged, but I guess the companies pay a big deal to actually be on property. They're probably only interested in paying for further development when they get more publicity by the resort.

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

This sounds really good, its good to see additions!
!Magic Everywhere

Riebi

There are again new pics at Disneytheque to watch:

:arrow: http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... llage.html

Including the entrance fences and the fences at New york style sandwiches, the new trees at Disney fashion and the ongoing work at Planet Hollywood
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

Ah, so I see they've filled the gaps behind the concrete borders with soil! Doesn't look bad actually - Better than being left empty.

I see they've taken down part of the Sleeping Beauty's Castle from the Planet Hollywood facade.

Riebi

Yeees! Hope they will make the rest of the facade new too!

Maarten

Quote from: "RnRCj"I see they've taken down part of the Sleeping Beauty's Castle from the Planet Hollywood facade.

Unfortunately Planet Hollywood's Le Chateau has been incomplete for over a few months now, at least since the summer as far as I can confirm. It shows you how bad the state of Planet Holywood's facade actually is.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "RnRCj"I see they've taken down part of the Sleeping Beauty's Castle from the Planet Hollywood facade.

Unfortunately Planet Hollywood's Le Chateau has been incomplete for over a few months now, at least since the summer as far as I can confirm. It shows you how bad the state of Planet Holywood's facade actually is.

My mind must be playing tricks on me then - I was sure it was there a few weeks ago!

Kristof

Sleeping Beauty Castle on Planet Hollywood was partially destroyed a long time ago.  Last time I was at the resort, 2 weeks ago, its remainings were still there.

Edit: it was already destroyed in 2004.

Owain

Ive never actually noticed the castle on the facade. Does anyone have a photo of it before it was destroyed ?

Riebi

Riebi

At DLRP.TV Baloo dug a wonderful video up about mainly BBWWS:

//http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/03/24/dlrptv-still-the-wildest-of-the-west/

beside the hair dresses of the early 90s (I had also a very intersting hair cut :oops:) there´re many shots around Disney village - Festival Disney at this time  :mrgreen:  - that gives an impression how the area looks before the balloooons and without planet hollywood. In place of the big blue ball we find a woooodden horse which I loved much at this time  :D  and much of neons at night!

Kristof

Some fresh photos from Disney Village can be found at Photos Magiques here:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/n ... _03_08.php

:D

Soap

They are doing a great job! Well done!
But when is it all finished?? I'm visiting the parc at the beginning of April, hope there aren't that many fences left ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Riebi

Wow! Thanks so much for this update! Looks very like Bob the Builder Land  :lol:
But I´m very interested in the finished village!

I´ve tried to make a little map about where the new plants grow to understand the developements better. Maybe someone can say where to add other plants and things.
I know the map looks a bit cheesy  :mrgreen:  But my time was little  :lol:

I also try to figure out where the new area for the new little food locations (Starbucks? EoS?) could be.

Soap

Cheesy, but handy  :P
And making all the pictures somewhat more understandable on location ;)
Thx!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney