Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwills

I like the balloons also they add colour at night and take the edge off the industrial feel that others have said. An overall i think the village is kinda kool, abstract and wacky although it could obviously be improved by things like the planters.

Owain

Only news is that the concrete curbs around the tree by annette's have been completed;

From; Disneytheque.com

I know this picture is a few days old but they are really taking there time over this.

Looks like the orange pipe contains a black wire, may be it will be to power lights in the tree?

I wonder if they have anything else planed for the village in the short term?

Riebi

Lights in the trees would be very nice :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Timbo

Quote from: "Riebi"Lights in the trees would be very nice :mrgreen:
I think essential !!! lol Add a bit of Disney magic to the area,something it sadly lacks !

littlemermaid83

not sure if its been mentioned but outside Cafe Mickey they are laying new pavement.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Kristof

The unthinkable is happening... They're giving the Planet Hollywood globe a new coat of paint!!  :shock:

More pics in the Photos Magiques newsupdate from past weekend.

Riebi

Cool pics raptor! Do they make this "Cloudy-effect" later or is it a new color style?

Seems to happen a lot at café mickey with this long term fences. I think the new plants at Disney Fashion will give the store a better entrance. Will look very nice after planting. I´m very intersted what the do at billy bobs and the signs. Hope they won´t give it a cheap new one.

Rotkäppchen-Casting??? ("Little Red Riding Hood" in english) :lol:

The games arcade remember myself at old times. I remember in the early 90th there was also one at this corner.

Soap

Sometimes wonders just happen when you least expect them to..... :shock:
Great to see that blue is becoming blue again instead of greenish....
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

Quote from: "Riebi"Cool pics raptor! Do they make this "Cloudy-effect" later or is it a new color style?

Rotkäppchen-Casting??? ("Little Red Riding Hood" in english) :lol:

The games arcade remember myself at old times. I remember in the early 90th there was also one at this corner.
I think the white cloudy bits will be added later. Next job: repaint/replace the purple 2D bits at the side! They're horrible!!

Little Red Riding Hood --  :lol:  :lol: It's a bit mean making them wear uniform to DLRP. What kind of schools do trips to Disneyland anyway??! We were only ever allowed "educational" ones.

The games arcade is interesting. Looks like they finally gave up and realised no-one can be bothered walking around to NEX.

You know, now would be a good time to get rid of that horrible carousel by Rainforest Café.

Javey74

It's amazing what a coat of paint can do.  It brings back the newness of when it was first built, all over again.  Looking at the photos, it will look spectacular when it's all finished.  :D/

Remco K.

So far I've been pretty enthusiastic about the recent changes to Disney Village.

But there's also time for a complaint! ;) Not really a huge one, but I've been wondering if the newly created borders will stay like this, or that they will receive another layer of coating. I would mainly like to see another layer of coating to hide the main base of these borders, because they look a bit ugly at some parts.

Kristof

I'm sure they stay the same.  It's how the other ones outside Disney Village look like since the park opened, so I wouldn't expect many changes there.

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"I think the white cloudy bits will be added later. Next job: repaint/replace the purple 2D bits at the side! They're horrible!!

Little Red Riding Hood --  :lol:  :lol: It's a bit mean making them wear uniform to DLRP. What kind of schools do trips to Disneyland anyway??! We were only ever allowed "educational" ones.

We even not have school uniforms at germany to wear  :lol:  Are they comfortable?  :lol:

The other parts of planet hollywood looks now more faded away then ever before. The must repaint it.

Maybe they fettle the bottom parts of the concretborders a bit.

Remco K.

Quote from: "raptor1982"It's how the other ones outside Disney Village look like since the park opened, so I wouldn't expect many changes there.
It's always funny when you discover something new, even after having visited the resort a billion times. ;)

I've really never paid any attention to those bases... But now they're creating these borders again in Disney Village, it seem to bother me. I guess I'm just being very critical about anything they do these days.