My favourite view?

Started by RockNRoller, May 10, 2008, 07:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

When people ask about Disney I'm sure we all have that one image that springs to mind, question is what is it?
For years it was the view down Main Street of the castle but last year we stayed in the New York and were lucky enough to have a lake view room, I will never forget my reaction when I opened the door and saw it for the first time. Sequioa Lodge and Newport Bay all lit up, Panoramagique lit up too and down below people out on the skating rink.
Share people, whats the image that comes to mind when people ask you about Disney, see how many happy memories you can spark.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Javey74

My favourite view when I think of DLRP has got to be the first one you mentioned, the view down Mainstreet leading to the castle.  When I get that view, there's no mistake as to where I am.  :wink:

My second view would be the entrance itself, but depending what time of year you visit is partially obscured by the trees from certain distant angles.  :)

Those are mine anyway.... :D/

david

the road that leads to the resort- where you can see the disneyland hotel straight ahead of you- the best part of the 9 hour drive from my home

Soap

Not very orginal, but just like Javey and David, those views just work like a portal. It takes you to another planet!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

never2old

Same as everyone else, but I just love Main Street & the Castle, specially at night!!

I never get tired of that view  :)

Anthony

Love this topic idea. Strangely a lot of mine seem to be from WDS. I think that must just be the "newness" of them, DLP is built for views and photographs, absolutely everywhere you turn. I'm going to have be really obnoxious and post a few, sorry...

The view across Cars is so lovely and layered with all the plants, the red rocks and the "canyon" hole. I always love how Studio 1 stands so huge in the distance (even better on a sunny day with PanoraMagique rising behind Studio 3):

It's one of the first places in WDS that has made be dream about being there.

I've also got to put in a brave claim that we have a ToT view that can equal any other. With the palm trees framing the sign, giant lampposts and other Hollywood buildings all around, you really feel like you're there as you stand here and look up at the monster:

Finally, I'll go for a classic one but one which no-one ever really sees:

Again I love the change in level and how welcoming it feels. It's just classic Disneyland, those silhouetted arches.

Continue...!

Snow_White_Girl

I have to be boring and say the view of the castle, it's just classic and when I walk through those turnstiles into the park and see the castle at the end of Main Street I always well up :roll:

\":lamp:\"

davewasbaloo

I love the look of the NBC when you drive up. I adore the look of the DLH through Fantasia Gardens. The majesty of Big Thunder as you come through the Fort. The awesomeness of Phantom Manor, up on the hill. The Treehouse as you come through the Adventureland Bazaar. Or Skull Rock and the Jolly Roger juxtaposed with PotC fort. The amazing Space Mountain as viewed over the Nautilus Lagoon.  Or the amazing view of ToT that Baloo posted up.

To me, DLP has some of the most magnificent views in the Disney empire.
since 2001 (many before that)

Remco K.

Quote from: "Baloo"Finally, I'll go for a classic one but one which no-one ever really sees:

Nice one! As everyone leaves the park from the exits on the sides of the portal, most guests will miss the view of looking back from the center entrances.

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"I have to be boring and say the view of the castle, it's just classic and when I walk through those turnstiles into the park and see the castle at the end of Main Street I always well up :roll:
In view of that post, I just found this photo on my computer. I will never ever get tired of this view! Although the castle looks a bit wobbly because some woman with a huge video camera pushed me out of the way to get a decent shot of it!!  :(

Snow_White_Girl

Oh and can I add this one to the "favourite views" please?? Gorgeous building, especially with the Mickey clock and flowerbed in front!! :D/

Kristof

I always liked the view on Front Lot.

never2old

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"Oh and can I add this one to the "favourite views" please?? Gorgeous building, especially with the Mickey clock and flowerbed in front!! :D/

Same one, but with snow!!

Remco K.

Quote from: "raptor1982"I always liked the view on Front Lot.
Until a certain XXL poster appeared, I guess? :P

thekirtley

Gotta love that view :P
DLP visitor since the age of 2.
:)
Part time Student, Full Time Disney enthusiast.
:D