Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious 8th August - 12th August

Started by Patrick, August 15, 2005, 09:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Thanks for the 3rd installment Patrick.  I'm glad you actually enjoyed the Wild West Show when I seem to remember you weren't looking forward to it too much, and also the constant moaning about the rest of your family is pretty funny, keep it up!  :lol: Oh, and you like Wishes! *cheers* And you want it back next year! *cheers louder*

Quote from: "Sweet Laker"I was wondering, what does the text: Thats a Wrap, at the Studios's exit mean anyway? Is it some sort of movie quote when they stopped shooting a movie and is it usefull for an exit of a themeparc too, or what??
You're right, it's traditionally what the director will shout when they've finished the last scene of a movie.  They put it at the exit of Walt Disney Studios, because the park is meant to be like you're visiting a real movie studio, and you work your way up through the "productions" and become a fully fledged movie star, so when you leave - "That's a wrap!".  This is also why they have the red carpet out sometimes, and applaud people as they leave, since they're now big Hollywood film stars.  :D Hope that explains it!

Sweet Laker

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Sweet Laker"I was wondering, what does the text: Thats a Wrap, at the Studios's exit mean anyway? Is it some sort of movie quote when they stopped shooting a movie and is it usefull for an exit of a themeparc too, or what??
You're right, it's traditionally what the director will shout when they've finished the last scene of a movie.  They put it at the exit of Walt Disney Studios, because the park is meant to be like you're visiting a real movie studio, and you work your way up through the "productions" and become a fully fledged movie star, so when you leave - "That's a wrap!".  This is also why they have the red carpet out sometimes, and applaud people as they leave, since they're now big Hollywood film stars.  :D Hope that explains it!

Yeah, that explains it all, i have seen the clapping CM"s once and i was wondering what they were doing there, and why! :) But now i understand the meaning of "That's a wrap!".

Disneyana

Hey Patmagic !
Thanks for the great trip report and the very nice pictures. You really had a nice trip !  :wink:  :D
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"