Camp Rock

Started by Owain, April 26, 2008, 04:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Ive just watched the trailer to this upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie and it looks really good. I have a feeling this could be the next High School Musical. Its called Camp Rock and stars The Jonas Brother, Alyson Stoner and Demi Lovato.

Heres the trailer;

[youtube:ywpbj4yn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IlD2U0dbns[/youtube:ywpbj4yn]

From Wiki;

QuoteCamp Rock centers on a teen girl, Mitchie who desperately wants to spend her summer at a prestigious rock camp, but can only attend if she works in the kitchen as one of the cooks. When member Shane Gray (Joe Jonas) needs to counter his bad boy rocker image, he is sent by his fellow band members Nate (Nick Jonas) and Jason (Kevin Jonas) to the music camp as a guest instructor. There he meets camper Mitchie Torres (Demi Lovato), a teen girl with an extraordinary voice and a driving ambition to be a pop singer, who has enough to deal with, considering Tess Tyler (Meaghan Jette Martin) and her companions, Ella (Anna Maria Perez de Tagle) and Peggy (Jasmine Richards) torture her. But unfortunately she can only spend her summer at the expensive camp by helping her mom work in the mess hall between classes. When her secret is exposed, she is banned from all camp activities. She feels very discouraged, when Shane overhears Mitchie singing from behind closed doors, without seeing her, he sets out to find the girl with the beautiful voice because the music she was singing reminds him of the music he used to love. But first Mitchie must confront her fears, step out of the kitchen and into the spotlight.

Sounds good !  :D and theres ALOT of songs.

peep

I heard about this, can't remember when. Sounds like Disney are really trying to push this to be big like HSM, if not bigger. I won't be trying to watch it in any rush though.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

MinniesBestPal

Looks better than HSM I must say!

It was on ALL DAY TODAY! "HSM 1 and 2, and now, HSM 1 and 2 the singalongs! HSM 1 and 2 the dance alongs, and finally, HSM the concert!"

I ended up watching the haunted mansion three times, and watching enchanted!

But I saw the advert for camp rock, looks quite good I suppose!

EDIT: I just watched the trailer (the youtube video on the first post!) and it looks even better now! I didn't realise the jonas brothers were in, and I used to hate them, but they're growing on me a bit! Still couldn't go as far as "NICK JONAS IS SO HOTT! I HAVE EVERY ONE OF THEIR CDS! HAVE YOU SEEN MY BEDROOM WALL? ITS COVERED IN POSTERS OF NICK, AND JOE AND KEVIN! I WAKE UP EVERY MORNING AND KISS NICK'S POSTER, SO I CAN GET USED TO IT WHEN WE'RE MARRIED, BLAH BLAH!!!"

Yeah, I'm not that crazy like my friend Caitlin! Thats seriously how she talks about them!

Anthony

Camp Rock premieres at 6pm on 19th September on Disney Channel in the UK.

Website: http://www2.disney.co.uk/DisneyChannel/ ... /camprock/

The Jonas Brothers are doing amazingly well in the UK. They've already had a song on the Radio 1 A-List, which is pretty much the surest sign of success you can get. Even Miley Cyrus is on there now... seems we like the new breed of Disney-signed artists.

The cast (JoBro and Demi) were on the Scott Mills radio show this morning:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/scottmills/ ... allery3746

Worth a listen, if only to see how they dodge the "How camp is Camp Rock?" question. :lol:  :lol:

MinniesBestPal

My friends were swapping camp rock cds at school... Caitlin went to Florida, WDW, Universal studios, seaworld and everything else, and then came back and said the highlight of her trip was seeing camp rock...

Clarebelle

its pants!! the jo bros cant act, neither can Demi, the best one out of them all is Alison Stoner and the mum from WOWP. the songs arnt anygood either
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Anthony

Good news for Disney, the BBC have bought the rights to air the film. It'll probably be shown sometime around Easter on BBC One. They showed HSM and HSM2 in the past, though I'm not sure what the ratings were like.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/se ... elevision1

So now anyone from the UK who HATES Camp Rock and HSM is having to pay for it, slightly, through their TV license.  :twisted:

Owain

Quote from: "Anthony"Good news for Disney, the BBC have bought the rights to air the film. It'll probably be shown sometime around Easter on BBC One. They showed HSM and HSM2 in the past, though I'm not sure what the ratings were like.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/se ... elevision1

So now anyone from the UK who HATES Camp Rock and HSM is having to pay for it, slightly, through their TV license.  :twisted:

I dont no if this is fact as you cant always trust wiki but..

QuoteDisney Channel (UK & Ireland) September 19, 2008
BBC One (Terrestrial Premiere) December 23, 2008

peep

^The BBC One date sounds about right as thats when they aired HSM1 for the first time.

Camp Rock did amazing over in America and Disney are now pushing it like mad over here. The CDs and merch have just been released and the Disney Store local to me has just plastered one of its windows with an ad and merch for it.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Owain

Im gunna watch this tomorrow, went out tonight so set it for record. Hope its good !  :D

Edit; Im going to watch it now, and give a review of the film tomorrow !

Owain

So the story is about a girl who really wants to go to camp rock. Typical her parents cant afford it because her dads warehouse store is exspanding and her mums catering business is only just taking off. Then she comes home from school one day and her parents (In a cheesey way and awful acting) tell her that shes going to camp rock.

She screams. Yay shes going to camp rock  :roll:

Thats the start. So what i thought of it ? It was ok, wouldve been better for the start to last a bit longer at her school and home instead of first 3 minutes "Your going to camp rock !". It seemed to quick and rushed. It wouldve been better if they did a different storyline for shane grey (joe jonas). They say hes a bad boy but come on disney cant do bad boys, the story is he walks out of recordings and could cost the band the contract. Thats not bad thats just being a drama queen !  :lol:

The songs were ok, faveourite was the two last songs this is me and we rock. There were a few cheesey moments. And Baloo I wouldnt say the question is "How camp is camp rock?" its more "Who puts the camp in camp rock?" and that infact is Kevin Jonas, he trys to act stupid but it just comes out camp and the way he talks is really camp especially when he says "GROUP HUG"  :lol:

Id give it a 6/10 it wasnt AMAZING, but was ok. I still prefer HSM  :)

Here is the group hug scene :lol: ;

[youtube:2o3f8gy6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJX-l9zxIM[/youtube:2o3f8gy6]

MinniesBestPal

I felt embarassed just watching THAT bit! Imagine the whole film!

Pete's Dragon

Whilst in DLRP last week, they had that countdown timer to the premier. Funnily enough the time it started was the exact time we had to leave, so it was kinda depressing. It was like we had our own "Holiday's Over" countdown timer every night we turned on the telly  :(