Original Disney Fan Artwork!

Started by anthonysprincess, April 30, 2008, 10:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnsey313

The stuff I've seen just browsing through is seriously astounding guys. MizzRabbit, I have to say yours look like premium bonus artworks that would come with a collectors edition film - incredible.

I've just got my first graphics tablet for my Birthday today and I'm slowly getting the hang of it. This is my work so far on Sleeping Beauty Castle. Admittedly it isn't great but I hope to do some better work as I wrangle with it some more.

Note: unfinished and will post a more sharp version (a bit of black outlining instead of red :P) with more colour + background soon.

MizzRabbit

Wow! Love the castle pic! Castle art is the best! And you've even textured it which is awsome! What tablet did you get???

EDIT: And thanks for your nice comments. Glad you like my pics. :D

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

CentralPlazaPerson

Class work I can't wait to see the final image! :D

The Butlin Boy

Very good work Barnsey, sounds like you're having fun with your new gadget :P

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece :)

Barnsey313

@MizzRabbit I got the Wacom Intuos 4 Medium, I've been saving up for months. I figured I should get something that will last me well into the future (I want a career in art/photography). It's amazing.

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "Barnsey313"@MizzRabbit I got the Wacom Intuos 4 Medium, I've been saving up for months. I figured I should get something that will last me well into the future (I want a career in art/photography). It's amazing.

That sounds really good and like a solid investment. I've only heard good things about the Intuos. A lot of designers I know have that tablet so you're off to a good start. My Wacom tablet is the Wacom Cintiq 21ux and I love love love it and highly recommend it for anyone who's into illustration. It's also meant to last me well into the future. What kind of art do you do when it's not Disney Fanart? :)

Here's a pic of my baby Wacom taken in my old apartment. I don't have my walls plastered with Pixar postcards anymore haha.

Use password]

Barnsey313

@MizzRabbit Just general observation etc. really and Photography of course (Most of it is on my flickr - www.flickr.com/brn313), the drawings are currently being marked as part of my GCSE but I'll take pics when I get them back later this year. What application do you use to draw in?

Here's an update. Really starting to take shape (Needs a tad more colour/shading/depth and detail) and I've learned some valuable lessons on how to use my tablet in the process.

PS: Ignore any traces of red - they were guidelines I accidentally drew on the same PS layer and now have to remove.

burntsienna

Wow! Barnsey313 its just getting better and better!
I can't wait for the next update!!!  :mrgreen:  =D>  :D/
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

-breeno-

Great work Barnsey, i love it :D =D>
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

CentralPlazaPerson

=D>  =D> Good Job Barnsey!

Captain Pan

And we have artwork number 131 from the Captain Pan Sketchpad

never2old

Love it CP!! You got his expression brilliantly!!

MizzRabbit

OMG Tom!! I think that's your best one yet! And you did this in front of your whole class???

Use password]

Captain Pan

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"OMG Tom!! I think that's your best one yet! And you did this in front of your whole class???

Well Some of the class watched and he was on the Interactive whiteboard, the were confused as to what I was doing... then they saw him, and I started drawing Timon, I surprised myself in the process... as It was with considerable pressure!

never2old

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "MizzRabbit"OMG Tom!! I think that's your best one yet! And you did this in front of your whole class???

Well Some of the class watched and he was on the Interactive whiteboard, the were confused as to what I was doing... then they saw him, and I started drawing Timon, I surprised myself in the process... as It was with considerable pressure!

Pressure suits you  :wink: