Anyone else want to be an Imagineer?

Started by MinniesBestPal, April 26, 2008, 11:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Have you guys read the From Sketch to Reality book? I love that book, it makes you appreciate all the work that went into designing the park, and is full of interesting little details... I try to read it again (at least parts of it) everytime I'm going back to the park, just to have some of the details fresh in my mind.

I would have loved to be an imagineer... Don't think I have any of the skills needed, of course... But one can dream  :wink:

burntsienna

i would love to be an Imagineer!
i cant imagine anything better than having a job where you dont even feel like you're working, its just doing something you love and have dreamed about for sooo long!
i'd actually love to work for disney and be able to write a new disney film! that would be amazing!
and do character designs and everything!
then have it made, and then work on a themed ride based on it and everything!
i would love that!
i would like that to be my future haha!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Captain Pan

Quote from: "burntsienna"i would love to be an Imagineer!
i cant imagine anything better than having a job where you dont even feel like you're working, its just doing something you love and have dreamed about for sooo long!
i'd actually love to work for disney and be able to write a new disney film! that would be amazing!
i would love that!

John Lasster Number 2 in the Works me thinks... Just got to beat me to it first!  :P

burntsienna

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "burntsienna"i would love to be an Imagineer!
i would love that!

John Lasster Number 2 in the Works me thinks... Just got to beat me to it first!  :P

haha!
well you can be number 2 and i will be number 3 =]
you were first haha =]
one day we'll have made it! and will be big disney imagineers and make loads of new disney classics! =]
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

SophieD

oh my goodness!! this would be my dream job....so i have done lots of research!! i thought i would share it with you!!............. :D/

every year, in the states, they hold an ImagiNations competition where you can showcase your talents, and be in with a chance of winning a dream job with Disney Imagineers!!

heres the link..
http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/imaginations/

the only trouble is, is that you have to have a degree!!

or....
http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/inte ... ering.html

you can apply for an internship during or after you have completed your degree!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Remco K.

Quote from: "SophieD"http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/internships/walt_disney_imagineering.html

you can apply for an internship during or after you have completed your degree!!
From their FAQ:

Q. I have already graduated from college. Can I apply for an internship?

A. No, with the exception of Animal Programs. The Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Internship Program is reserved for those who are currently enrolled in college. For other opportunities, please visit DisneyCareers.com. For Animal Programs, internships are available to individuals within one year of graduation.

Q. Are there standard qualifications for internships?

A. Each internship requires that you are at least 18 years of age and are able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Additional requirements are different for each posting. Some require a minimum GPA. Please reference each individual posting for their specific requirements prior to applying.

Q. I've just graduated from high school and don't plan on attending college until a later time. Do you have a program for me?

A. Yes. To learn more about Disney's Career Start Program, please visit the website at www.DisneyCareerStart.com.

Q. How do I apply for an internship in Paris?

A. Please visit DisneylandParis-Casting.com. For internship opportunities at our other parks and resorts, please visit the respective website:

HongKongDisneyland.com or TokyoDisneyland.com

TowMater

I did something like this once when I was Year 7 in ICT, I did Crush's Coaster, Cars Race Rally, Everest & Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and it had it's own mascot, Cheesy Mouse.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

disneyrules

I would love to be an imagineer it is my dream job.
I also get random ideas for disney rides and parades.
We did a theme park project in school i wanted to do a disney themed one but we had to do one the teachers picked.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

Javey74

Yeah I could really imagine being an Imagineer..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Sorry I couldn't resist that one..  :mrgreen:  Seriously though I would like to be an Imagineer on the musical side, and reach that particular sound that makes Disney, well Disney no matter what. There always something about a Disney sound track tonal quality that gets me..  :D

....and compose the perfect Disney arrangement..  :-"  :D/

JelleP

I would love to see myself doing sketches for Disneyland (Paris?)
It's the best job in the world in my opinion! [-o<
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

QTXAdsy

I would be an Imagineer any day.  :D  

Mind you, i work in a strange way unlike what is done. I'd work on the ride first, then do the theming around it (this happens if the themed area changes over time.)

Here Come The Belgians!