Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

How many images can those rotating attraction posters display? Three or four, right? They should advertise the top four attractions in the park:

- Tower of Tower
- Crush's Coaster
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
- Toy Story Playland

Willow

I'd say well done to the management but this should have been done years ago.

Great to see Studio 1 back how its meant to look!

Anthony

Beautiful! And who'd have expected the attraction posters back? Oh we're just being spoiled these days.

But yes, I'd love a few new ones now. It's funny that in the latest photo you can see the Armageddon poster on the right has even returned! Armageddon?! (I'd forgotten it existed...) Also a more exciting poster for CinéMagique than that filmreel logo would be good. I'm surprised they never made a proper Casablanca-style movie poster for it.

Anyway - Hooray and bravo =D>

CafeFantasia

I wonder, should they be promoting attractions that most people don't know about, or should they be promoting their big successes?

CineMagique and Armageddon are definitely two attractions that a lot of people just walk past, not knowing what's inside, and not bothering to find out.

tubbsy

I know its a while since I have been, but looking at the second photo you cant see the attraction photos. I am wondering for us visitors who dont get to go so often-are the billboards going to be lost on us? Obviously I will look for them cos now I know they are there, but.... Do you get what I'm trying to say? Are the trees in the way or is it just the angle of the photo? I am not saying the Studios should take the trees away, they really frame the billboard beautifully. I just wondered how visible they actually are.
Its all looking so fabulous! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Martyn

That pics just proves that the Studio's looks so much better with greenery!

Nicholas-c

I'm seeing things right O.o
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

luke85

Quote from: "Martyn"

That pics just proves that the Studio's looks so much better with greenery!
Ahh this pic makes me smile :D

littlemermaid83

It looks wonderful!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

Topic title changed! Although I hate to say it... the Hollywood Blvd side was never repainted was it?

Quote from: "Alan"I wonder, should they be promoting attractions that most people don't know about, or should they be promoting their big successes?
How many poster spaces are there? About 6? You absolutely need Tower of Terror, then say CinéMagique, Crush's Coaster, Toy Story Playland, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster -- and err - maybe Moteurs Action, until 2013 at least? ;) The big blockbusters. As people are entering you want to be getting them excited for the best attractions, not Armageddon and Art of Disney.

Small problem that none of those actually have posters designed for them. But maybe they could be commissioned and then prints sold in WDS stores? Since DCA had a new funmap made, it's not that mad. Make money, make fans happy.

Pete's Dragon

That's it, I'm booking another holiday. Studio One looks amazing, and I've never seen it with my own eyes with something covering it.
Please,please,please never make the mistake of covering it again !!!!

bigrossco

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"That's it, I'm booking another holiday. Studio One looks amazing, and I've never seen it with my own eyes with something covering it.
Please,please,please never make the mistake of covering it again !!!!

are they not going to be going onto the castle soon ? lets HOPE it dose not take as long as Studio1 has taken PLEASE oh PLEASE
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Nicholas-c

Im wondering if i should email them saying thank you? i did send an email every few days after my last visit trying to convince them xD
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Festival Disney

Some pics of the completely finished product :)

Also this new poster on the back of the Studio...

Source: Disney Gazette
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

JelleP

I don't mind it on the back of the building, if they just leave the front the way it looks right now ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]