Maintenance on strike

Started by Kristof, July 03, 2008, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueClouds

Do we know how long this strike's going to last yet? Or how widely affected the resort is?
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

Kristof

In fact everything is up and running.  Attractions do open later than normal because maintenance have to give clearance for each attraction.  And since there are only a few that work, it takes some time for them to finish off all the rides.  Same problem when a ride breaks down, it takes a bit longer to fix things.

smurfy74

If they are wild cat strikes then they are likely to be over as quickly as they started. When we went to Paris last week we got caught up in a strike by the bin men burning bins outside the hotel de ville and we ended up being on french tv as we tried to get past with our cases. :P

Nicholas-c

i will do the job insted ? :P i sorta know stuff about rollercoasters etc :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Malin

The timing is rather interesting with it being so close to Summer, one of the busiest times, but I'm sure what ever the problems are it will be resolved. People shouldn't worry about strikes anyway because Disney have plans in place to handle situations like this.

pussinboots

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "Fubar"One of the risks of putting the resort in France I suppose...

That's rubbish.

Welcome to the board btw.

Oh it's not "rubbish" and you know it. Come on now.

"Strikes as a consequence of labour conflicts occur about 28 times more in France than in the Netherlands."
(http://ideas.repec.org/p/dgr/vuarem/2003-12.html)
"...strike-prone France..."
(http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/ ... N=75370771)

Maarten

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "Fubar"One of the risks of putting the resort in France I suppose...

That's rubbish.

Oh it's not "rubbish" and you know it. Come on now.

Exactly Puss, unfortunately France is well known for its strikes. However, ofcourse that doesn't mean there are no strikes in other countries, but at least they seem more uncommon. Either way, to say that its nonsense (without backing it up) doesn't make sense in my humble opinion.

dlrp-mad

I'm going on the 16th-19th July. Any chance they'll still be on strike then? I hope not, I'm hoping to ride TOT and Crush's Coaster :(

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Anthony

Quote from: "dlrp-mad"I'm going on the 16th-19th July. Any chance they'll still be on strike then? I hope not, I'm hoping to ride TOT and Crush's Coaster :(
Quote from: "raptor1982"In fact everything is up and running.  Attractions do open later than normal because maintenance have to give clearance for each attraction.  And since there are only a few that work, it takes some time for them to finish off all the rides.  Same problem when a ride breaks down, it takes a bit longer to fix things.

Tigger/Nemo

Just come back from disney and the worst effected are crush coaster, Rock 'n' Rollar Coaster, but does open in the afternoon and some times the tram tour as well. Tower of terror seems un affected, but that may change as the strike goes on.

Fubar

It's a shame that the Disney 'magic' doesn't extend to a self-repairing spell. Wouldn't need maintenace men then! A job for Harry Potter I think; whoops, sorry, wrong studio...

dlrp-mad

I hope this darn strike ends soon, I'm off to DLRP soon! I can't imagine what a big waste of time it would be if my favourite rides were closed.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club