The Enchanted Fireworks

Started by Kristof, March 30, 2008, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

The Enchanted Fireworks
From 5th July to 31th August 2008

The new Enchanted Fireworks will replace the three year running Wishes sound and light spectacle.  It will be set on the tunes from Disney's Enchanted and projections will be used on Sleeping Beauty Castle.  

Insiders have revealed that new kind of fireworks effects and colours are going to be used (but still excluding all "noisy" shells as in the past).

Estimated running time will be +/- 6 minutes.

Read details about the new fireworks show in an interview with the show's director on DLRP Today:

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/06/ ... -leclercq/

---------------------------------------------------

Original post by seanmartina:
I know wishes is not happening during the summer, anyone know if its going to be a new show, or something from the past... what would people like to see?

Kristof

It has not been confirmed yet if Wishes will be replaced or not.

lil-shawn

so i hope we get an anwser very soon.

i hope we will get one like HKDL disney in the sars...

seanmartina

Sorry i assumed wishes was not on from previous news from the forum, but is it usual for DLRP to have the same fireworks show running for a few years in a row?

I would love to see the projection technology being used in a new show..

Malin

Since the introduction of more pyro, how has Wishes been recieved by the public out of interest?

Anthony

Quote from: "seanmartina"Sorry i assumed wishes was not on from previous news from the forum, but is it usual for DLRP to have the same fireworks show running for a few years in a row?
Tinkerbell's Fantasy in the Sky ran for years. Really the only main fireworks shows they've had are Fantasia in the Sky, Tink, and Wishes. Of course many more shorter-run ones inbetween.

Quote from: "Malin"Since the introduction of more pyro, how has Wishes been recieved by the public out of interest?
The public have all more than enjoyed it when I've been there, even the first year in 2005. It is true though I think that it doesn't connect quite as well as other fireworks -- with the storyline, all that narration... A simple show with some great music might have more of an immediate effect on the audience.

I would also love to see the technology of Wishes used in another show. That's the one thing I've always loved. If they had a stronger soundtrack, almost zero narration it would be brilliant.

I read on DCP that they had originally planned a kind of "Mickey through the years" fireworks for the proposed 80th birthday year this year. Of course before that, there were rumblings of an actual 15th anniversary fireworks display for 2007 - then that got shelved because they already had so much going. Then of course another year was added... so the debate will be whether to bring back Wishes or invest in something new now...

Travel agents, etc have been told not to mention Wishes for this Summer though, so...

seanmartina

So the travel agents have been told not to mention fireworks..mmmmm!!so they cant decide to either keep it or ditch it. I really hope they listen Baloo.. give us projections PYRO MUSIC and Disney magic.. make us go away thinking WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am lucky this year, because no matter what show they put on, ill get to see the Bastille day fireworks... they look pretty impressive.

But i am secretly hoping i get to see a new firework show.. as ive seen wishes the past 3 years,  its a fantastic show..  and amazing finish to the day in the park, just for a change something new..

Riebi

No they just told to not mention wishes. Summer fireworks are listed in the catalogues. So you should see something  :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

seanmartina

Im so Sorry i meant to say

"So the travel agents have been told not to mention Wishes"

I know there is a show this summer..  but which one shall it be? lol

What would you hope it will be?

Riebi

I would hope they create something totally new. With the technology and projections of wishes, with the spirit and effects of tink and with a wonderful and great music score  :D

I liked wishes and enjoyed it much. But I was fallen in love with this wonderful tink-fly. So a mix with technology and tradition would be great for me  :mrgreen:

Hope you see that firework you wish for  :D

Maarten

Hopefully they will get rid of Wishes. I have never been fond of the static projections and lasers. However, I would like to see Disney in the Stars from Hong Kong Disneyland. It consists out of searchlights, lights on the castle, pyro's and flames. Combined with the nice soundtrack it will do the trick.  :wink:

SMCD

Quote from: "Maarten"Hopefully they will get rid of Wishes. I have never been fond of the static projections and lasers. However, I would like to see Disney in the Stars from Hong Kong Disneyland. It consists out of searchlights, lights on the castle, pyro's and flames. Combined with the nice soundtrack it will do the trick.  :wink:

I loved Disney in the Stars. It was one of the highlights of my visit. The music and fireworks/pyros/projections are very well coordinated, and it's a well-composed show filled with Disney magic. It will however need to be a little different if it was to be shown at DLP, as the two castles are very different.

Kinou

Now that the information hit Central Plaza, I can reveal it to you here: the fireworks this summer will be themed to ENCHANTED. They'll use the track "Enchanted Suite" from the soundtrack and I can't confirm yet they will use projections on the castle. Tests have been running on the castle on the previous days.
Hug it out bitch !

Riebi

Wow! Sounds interesting! Do you also know when the fireworks start? is it from 4. of July everyday or just saturdays and then from 14 every day?

Anthony

Oh wow!! They've really surprised me with that brilliant music choice... hopefully other tracks will also be used, the suite is only 4 and half minutes long...

Quote from: "Riebi"Wow! Sounds interesting! Do you also know when the fireworks start? is it from 4. of July everyday or just saturdays and then from 14 every day?
Fireworks and Fantillusion are from 5th July to 31st August, every night as far as I know.