Walt Elias Disney and the Family Legacy

Started by Javey74, March 18, 2008, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

I may start to get some Walt books when I come back from my trip as I really want to know more about him! He's influenced my life and in many ways saved it and yet He died before I was even born- amazing! :D  :D  :D  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"He's influenced my life and in many ways saved it and yet He died before I was even born- amazing! :D  :D  :D  :D
Well we're two peas in the same pod from your above comment, I'm exactly the same..   :o  :D/

Did you know that the Disney surname derives from the canton of Isigny. The earliest known ancestor of Walt Disney, with a similar name, was Jean-Christophe d'Isigny ("of Isigny"). "d'Isigny" was, over the generations, transformed into "Disney"..  :wink:

Here is the place itself, pin pointed with the black dot>>

Quite ironic as you can see, his ancestory really all started in France, just like our beloved DLRP.  One full circle..  :wink:  :D

Aveen2008

wow thats pretty cool =D>  Did not know that! Walt worked in France for a brief period of time at the end of world war 1 (as he was too young to join) as an ambulance driver!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"wow thats pretty cool =D>  Did not know that! Walt worked in France for a brief period of time at the end of world war 1 (as he was too young to join) as an ambulance driver!
Very true indeed..  :wink:

never2old

They make really nice butter in Isigny  :)

So every time we go shopping and we go near the butter (they sell it in supermarkets here) I remind my husband that Disney comes from Isigny...

Aveen2008

Quote from: "never2old"They make really nice butter in Isigny  :)

So every time we go shopping and we go near the butter (they sell it in supermarkets here) I remind my husband that Disney comes from Isigny...

Hehe very cool! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Yeah, thanks for that info never2old..  :wink:  :D

I'll be on the lookout for that now..  :mrgreen:

never2old

Actually, I think I've had that butter at DLP... I think it was the one they have us at Walt's last time I was there. But I'm not 100% sure...

dagobert

Last year we got that butter at Cafe Mickey, and the years before we got it at Walt's. So I think that DLP still has it.

never2old

Got it last night at the Steakhouse in DV (took the picture for you Javey  :wink: )

Javey74

Thanks for taking that shot for me never2old, much appreciated..  :wink:  :D

I'll have to pick one up the next time I go..  :D