Shanghai Disney Resort

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2005, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Disney And More has posted a video about SHDL:

[youtube:c57v5nnz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwQi6x13-wQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:c57v5nnz]

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/ ... aited.html

dagobert

Here are some pictures from the official Disney parks blog:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... toric-day/

dagobert

I can't remember where I read it, I think it was Micechat.com, that SHDL isn't designed by WDI alone. It is said that former Imagineers were hired to help to create the new park. One of them should be former Imagineer Tim Delaney, who created Discoveryland and SM.

The following concept art was done by Tim Delaney.

Concept art found on Micechat.com

I think it looks a bit like the building shown on the left side of the concept art bellow.

Maybe that's a new version of SM. I hope the rumours are true that SHDL is co-designed by former Imagineers and not by people who "imagineered" TSPL. Disney wants to make sure that the new park will have great attractions and not just carnival rides.

This concept art was also on Tim Delaney's homepage, but it seems it was taken down.
http://timjdelaney.com/home.html

lil-shawn

QuoteInstead, guests will enter through a lush 11-acre area featuring water and trees, where they will be greeted by costumed characters, Mr. Iger said. The castle will be Disney's biggest."

Wow i don´t believe it... Welcome to a 11 arce Pixie Hollow...

hope more is coming in the future, maybe the park is going to be good but right now i don´t believe it

dagobert

Quote from: "lil-shawn"
QuoteInstead, guests will enter through a lush 11-acre area featuring water and trees, where they will be greeted by costumed characters, Mr. Iger said. The castle will be Disney's biggest."

Wow i don´t believe it... Welcome to a 11 arce Pixie Hollow...

hope more is coming in the future, maybe the park is going to be good but right now i don´t believe it

I really hope you are wrong on that. Pixie Hollow as the entrance would be terrible.

Josh

Quote from: "dagobert"The following concept art was done by Tim Delaney.

Concept art found on Micechat.com
So the next Space Mountain will be a dome? Or maybe even "Space Dome!" I like that idea! :D I'll have to see it in real life before I can say that it will be as beautiful as our Space Mountain, but you can tell that it's going to end up looking brilliant. It looks like the architectural theme in their Tomorrowland is going to be curves and round shapes.

But more interrestingly, there is a yellow monorail in front of it. We don't know whether that might have been scrapped, but could this mean that there will be a monorail going around SDL?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

Quote from: "Meph"So the next Space Mountain will be a dome? Or maybe even "Space Dome!" I like that idea! :D I'll have to see it in real life before I can say that it will be as beautiful as our Space Mountain, but you can tell that it's going to end up looking brilliant. It looks like the architectural theme in their Tomorrowland is going to be curves and round shapes.

But more interrestingly, there is a yellow monorail in front of it. We don't know whether that might have been scrapped, but could this mean that there will be a monorail going around SDL?

The concept art doesn't show a railroad or a monorail circling the park. If Disney is going to use one of them, I really hope they stick with the traditional steam train. Steam trains were such an important part of Walt Disney and that's why they should stay.

I also like Tim's concept art and I really hope that he and former Imagineers are involved to create the new resort.

dagobert

Alain Littaye from disneyandmore.blogspot.com has posted some high res pictures of the SHDL concept art:
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/ ... s-new.html

Take a look, it's really interesting. This park will be amazing.

The entrance:

Downtown Disney / Disney Village kind of area:

Adventureland:

Tomorrowland:

Fantasyland:

More on disneyandmore.blogspot.com

Josh

I saw it this morning. It looks like there's a lot that they've obscured with trees (which I suppose looks better than just blurring it). I like the idea of the little entrance area having shops that open out, rather than going across a street. But what is that grassy area in front of the castle, because I'm doubtful that it's Fantasyland, since that's still behind the castle. What could it be?

One thing is for sure, though: you can tell where the parade route will be. It does a large loop around the grassy area. Where it will start and end, though, I'm not sure.

As for Fantasyland, I've got no idea about that, since the trees are in the way.

Adventureland is going to look brilliant. From the looks of it, they're going to have caves around the pirate cove.

What's really struck me, though, is the Space Dome. It looks slightly transparent, and I think there's a little lake inside it. Could it be the Discovery Mountain that we never had? :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

Quote from: "Meph"I saw it this morning. It looks like there's a lot that they've obscured with trees (which I suppose looks better than just blurring it). I like the idea of the little entrance area having shops that open out, rather than going across a street. But what is that grassy area in front of the castle, because I'm doubtful that it's Fantasyland, since that's still behind the castle. What could it be?

One thing is for sure, though: you can tell where the parade route will be. It does a large loop around the grassy area. Where it will start and end, though, I'm not sure.

As for Fantasyland, I've got no idea about that, since the trees are in the way.

Adventureland is going to look brilliant. From the looks of it, they're going to have caves around the pirate cove.

What's really struck me, though, is the Space Dome. It looks slightly transparent, and I think there's a little lake inside it. Could it be the Discovery Mountain that we never had? :)

Fantasyland will not be behind the castle. In fact it s the greeny area in front of the castle.

SM:M3

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "Meph"I saw it this morning. It looks like there's a lot that they've obscured with trees (which I suppose looks better than just blurring it). I like the idea of the little entrance area having shops that open out, rather than going across a street. But what is that grassy area in front of the castle, because I'm doubtful that it's Fantasyland, since that's still behind the castle. What could it be?

Fantasyland will not be behind the castle. In fact it s the greeny area in front of the castle.
On the note of Discovery Mountain, they say a good idea never dies at WDI, perhaps the Nautilus could be like this sketch by Tim Delaney, who also first sketched the Space Dome type building. In fact, Tim Delaney not only did Discoveryland, but HKDL Tomorrowland

EDIT: Wasn't SDL supposed to have only 4 lands, which matches up with D&M saying Fantasyland is in front of and behind the castle, with Adventureland off to the right, Tomorrowland on the left, with Land 4 off to the back somewhere.

Josh

Quote from: "dagobert"Fantasyland will not be behind the castle. In fact it s the greeny area in front of the castle.
Look closer at the image, behind the castle. As I said, there are more buildings obscured by the trees, and some of them look like castle elements.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

Although nothing is set in stone, but the following picture clearly shows Fantasyland in front of the castle.

Picture taken from the Official Disney Parks Blog

Maybe Fantasyland circles around the castle. I think Tom Staggs or Robert Iger mentioned that Fantasyland is in front of the castle. But you are right, the buildings behind the castle look like they are part of Fantasyland. I think the castle will not only be the centerpiece of the park, it will also be the centerpiece of Fantasyland and not the entrance.

dagobert

Quote from: "SM:M3"On the note of Discovery Mountain, they say a good idea never dies at WDI, perhaps the Nautilus could be like this sketch by Tim Delaney, who also first sketched the Space Dome type building. In fact, Tim Delaney not only did Discoveryland, but HKDL Tomorrowland

EDIT: Wasn't SDL supposed to have only 4 lands, which matches up with D&M saying Fantasyland is in front of and behind the castle, with Adventureland off to the right, Tomorrowland on the left, with Land 4 off to the back somewhere.

I really hope that WDI brings former Imagineers, like Tim Delaney, back to design the park. He did a great job in Paris until HIS Discoveryland was messed up by Buzz Lightyear. In Paris you can see what happens when people who don't care about the story create rides.

Unfortunately he had to leave WDI, but rumours say that SHDL isn't designed by WDI alone and that Disney hired former Imagineers to build the park. Maybe he is part of that team. Some of Tim Delaney's Tomorrowland drawings were removed from his website, maybe they are used for SHDL.

luke85

If Shanghai gets Indiana Jones Adventure, I would love them to build two at the same time to save money, then give one to Paris! I know it's wishful thinking, but a boy can dream!