Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Quote from: "dagobert"Okay, I don't know what to say and I don't know if I like that. It looks like candy. It seems the tarp is painted instead of a printed photo of the castle. I think that's not the same way like Disney did it with the Main street USA buildings in recent years.

Painted is good. Painted is great. I'm ecstatic to think that someone at Disney still knows how to man a paint brush. (Or even a digital one in Photoshop.)

I think it looks fantastic. A gold star for Euro Disneyland Imagineering from me.

Scissorsboi

I really like the style, yeah a photo realistic one would provide more 'accurate' photo ops, but this is painted in the style of the movie that the Castle is based upon! Good Fairies and all! It's a very nice step for me!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

luke85

I like the stylized image of the castle, far more "Disney" than just a photo. Good job, I love it!

alternativerock123

It's all right I guess, personally it's better than bright white tarps.  The addition of the fairies is cute. =]

Can't wait for the final results of the entire castle.  :thumbs:
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

dagobert

It seems that the top as already been repainted:

Source: Benji from Disney Central Plaza

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... ee-page-34

The details of DLP's castle are just amazing. Take a look at the snails. These times when WDI invested so much effort in details are long gone. If DLP would get built now, I'm sure we would get a copy of one of the US castles.

gldc

I think it looks horrible personally, at least when it was just the scaffolding it looked almost invisible from a distance and having not been for 8 years it's going to be a real shame to see that there when we go  :(  Hopefully it will be done by May 1st (though not keeping my hopes up), how lost can it take to paint anyway?  :roll:  :mrgreen:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Martyn

The top hasn't been painted yet, only a small patch has. You can see it on Dagoberts last pic, on the right of the main tower.

lil-shawn

It´s great to see some progress, hope this time they will use the right product to paint the castle.

as you seen on older pics, the castle was dirty and had some algas. there is a special paint product that can help
not to get that back, its called STO-Lotusan G its a paint against algas and who can clean itself when the water runs down the
facade. At my company we only use this product for years now. I also have it on my own house since 2005 and it still looks like fresh painted. Also if i know the square meters of the castle i could tell you how much it would take, but i would say if they have good workers not more than a 6 weeks, but we know disney, they take they´re time. just my 2 cents on it..

Festival Disney

An eagle eyed fan on DCP has noticed a cool feature on the tarp! One of the windows is supposed to be the back of one of the windows in Le Gallerie!
Check it out:

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

rottie155

Disney imagineering at it's very best!!

I think that's fantastic! Thanks for sharing that!!!!!!
A Little Bit Of Magic, Goes A Long Way

kmara

I really like it and my kids will love the fairies!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

dagobert

Now the back of the castle gets also some attention.

Source: Angel du 60 from DCP

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... -34#909972

pussinboots

See what I mean about that shade of pink? It becomes odd-looking in overcast conditions. Almost fluorescent.

dagobert

Quote from: "pussinboots"See what I mean about that shade of pink? It becomes odd-looking in overcast conditions. Almost fluorescent.

I see what you mean, but I think that Disney will use the same color again. Hopefully the other buildings at the castle court will also get some attention, otherwise it will look strange with a refurbished castle, while all other buildings look old.

Riebi

Puss that´s exactly what I was thinking. The newer pink color scheme looks really odd against darker sky. And that effect is getting even harder from year to year cause a dirty pink doesn´t look like a expensive high class castle...

I only can hope that they use the lighter color shade that we were believing to see at the top of the castle a week ago. Just believe. Dreams come true. We could live the magic. (And other disney marketing sentences)...
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...