Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey-claire

I would be very dissapointed as its only my second visit to disneyland and my first at christmas, and we are taking a friend for the very first time, if it is only the rear, that would make it better, wouldnt be losing the prettiness at the front xx  :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

15MagicalYears

I think, no matter what time disney decides to do the refurb will upset alot of people. Since it looks like it's going to be a pretty lenghty refurb even if they started it during the slower winter months (january/feburary) it would still run through the busy summer season. So basicly, either way it's going to be a bit of a bummer.

Tuvok

I was thinking. They are now, if the information is correct, planning this refurb for a period of 9 months. That is a very long time. Maybe that's because they do not want to cover up the entire castle at once, but just parts of it for a short period and then moving on to the next part. That way, the caste is still largly visible and may cause this refurb to be extended to 9 months, as they don't refurb the whole castle at once? Your thoughts?
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

loladelorean

Quote from: "Tuvok"I was thinking. They are now, if the information is correct, planning this refurb for a period of 9 months. That is a very long time. Maybe that's because they do not want to cover up the entire castle at once, but just parts of it for a short period and then moving on to the next part. That way, the caste is still largly visible and may cause this refurb to be extended to 9 months, as they don't refurb the whole castle at once? Your thoughts?

That certainly does seem logical and I hope you are right. They can't possibly be working on the whole castle, all the time, for 9 months. And I am optimistic that they will do their best to keep the castle looking as attractive as possible since it is the prominent centrepiece of the park and even more so at Christmas. Fingers crossed, but only time will tell.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

scampbunny

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"But not all hope is lost, as according to DCP for halloween and xmas they are saying that they are  going to refurbish the rear(meaning the back of the castle) so that they won't lose the magic of the castle during the seasons...HOPE THIS IS TRUE AS IT WOULD LIGHT MY DISSAPOINTMENT UP AND RUNNING AGAIN! [-o<

that sounds much more promising - then at least it will look fine to us from the front!!!  [-o<

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights  June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights

littlemermaid83

I'm Disney_tinker on twitter and I emailed guest communications yesterday.  Its a shame that people think I'm a unreliable source, I don't make up lie and rumours.  I have had communications throughout the day with DLP about this.

The first email they sent me said :

QuoteThank you for your email

Concerning the refurbishment of Sleeping Beauty Castle, this will take place from October 04th until July 01st.

As we don't have all the details of this refurbishment, we don't know if the whole castle will be hidden by a fake facade or will be partially hidden little by little.
If you really wish to change your holiday dates, i suggest you to contact our team at 08448 008111 to find the best time for you.

Have a magical day,

Marc
Guest Care Team
Disneyland Paris

I then asked how will this effect the Castle lighting at Christmas, they responded with this;

QuoteIn order to get more information on this refurbishment for you (anf for potential future questions or other clients), i am now waiting for more information. It does not seem that this will affect christmas but i will pass you the information when i have them,

Regards,

Marc
Guest Care Team
Disneyland Paris

So I don't tweet unconfirmed rumours like one member posted.  I will let you know what they have said when they get back to me about the Castle Lighting.  So yeah don't trust anyone on Twitter. :roll:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I'm Disney_tinker on twitter and I emailed guest communications yesterday.  Its a shame that people think I'm a unreliable source, I don't make up lie and rumours.  I have had communications throughout the day with DLP about this.

Concerning the refurbishment of Sleeping Beauty Castle, this will take place from October 04th until July 01st.

As we don't have all the details of this refurbishment, we don't know if the whole castle will be hidden by a fake facade or will be partially hidden little by little.
If you really wish to change your holiday dates, i suggest you to contact our team at 08448 008111 to find the best time for you.

Have a magical day,

Marc
Guest Care Team
Disneyland Paris

I then asked how will this effect the Castle lighting at Christmas, they responded with this;

QuoteIn order to get more information on this refurbishment for you (anf for potential future questions or other clients), i am now waiting for more information. It does not seem that this will affect christmas but i will pass you the information when i have them,

Regards,

Marc
Guest Care Team
Disneyland Paris

So I don't tweet unconfirmed rumours like one member posted.  I will let you know what they have said when they get back to me about the Castle Lighting.  So yeah don't trust anyone on Twitter. :roll:

Hi Littlemermaid,

Thank you for your help and information. First of all I want to make an aplogy to you, as I thought that a normal user just tweeted on twitter and just making up stuff just 4 fun, so I am deeply sorry. :oops:

Secondly lets hope that the castle does'nt get covered fully [-o<  And once again thank you for your post. :D

emweaver

it seems a very long time to have such a big part of dlp out of use

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I'm Disney_tinker on twitter and I emailed guest communications yesterday.  Its a shame that people think I'm a unreliable source, I don't make up lie and rumours.  I have had communications throughout the day with DLP about this.

Have a magical day,

Marc
Guest Care Team
Disneyland Paris

Regards,

Marc
Guest Care Team
Disneyland Paris

Hi Littlemermaid,

Thank you for your help and information. First of all I want to make an aplogy to you, as I thought that a normal user just tweeted on twitter and just making up stuff just 4 fun, so I am deeply sorry. :oops:

Secondly lets hope that the castle does'nt get covered fully [-o<  And once again thank you for your post. :D

I'm not sure why anyone would make up anything like that, I'm just as gutted about the castle as everyone else as I go when the refurb starts.

But I accept your apology  :thumbs:

I really don't think they will be covering up the castle for Xmas as thats one of the reasons why most people go.  If they do then they will have a lot of angry people.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Have a magical day,

Marc
Guest Care Team
Disneyland Paris

Regards,

Marc
Guest Care Team
Disneyland Paris

So I don't tweet unconfirmed rumours like one member posted.  I will let you know what they have said when they get back to me about the Castle Lighting.  So yeah don't trust anyone on Twitter. :roll:[/quote]

Hi Littlemermaid,

Secondly lets hope that the castle does'nt get covered fully [-o<  And once again thank you for your post. :D[/quote]

I'm not sure why anyone would make up anything like that, I'm just as gutted about the castle as everyone else as I go when the refurb starts.

But I accept your apology  :thumbs:

I really don't think they will be covering up the castle for Xmas as thats one of the reasons why most people go.  If they do then they will have a lot of angry people.[/quote]

hehe thanks! :D  Dw, i am gutted sooo much too! 8)  Anyways lets just pray the castle will be refurbished bit by bit or at least will be reurbished like the pic of wdw castle below.. :thumbs:

littlemermaid83

Gosh that looks awful, like I said on FB If I want to have a photo in front of a cardboard cut out of the castle I could go Ashford International train station for that lol.

I just feel for those going at Christmas, which is why I enquired about the castle lighting ceremony.

Jonjo

Ho what a same I was hoping these rumors we going to come to nothing.  How did you get such as quick reponce  littlemermaid83. I emailed them weeks ago and never got a reply.

Ho well lets see how they do this.  I was so looking forward to seeing the Castle lighting at Christmas.
Well I'm not canceling my trip this Christmas, I've been looking forward to it for months.

If they cover up the castle, I'll just have to go back at Christmas another time :-)
The Disneyland Paris Shareholders Blog.
www.salonmickey.co.uk

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Jonjo"Ho what a same I was hoping these rumors we going to come to nothing.  How did you get such as quick reponce  littlemermaid83. I emailed them weeks ago and never got a reply.

Ho well lets see how they do this.  I was so looking forward to seeing the Castle lighting at Christmas.
Well I'm not canceling my trip this Christmas, I've been looking forward to it for months.

If they cover up the castle, I'll just have to go back at Christmas another time :-)

I said I needed to know as if this is the case I would like to think about changing my dates.  I didn't expect to get a reply so fast tbh.  But I'm glad its now been confirmed, I will still go for my orginial dates and just hope its not that bad.

I will be there on the 4th Oct so I will tweet a pic of what it looks like first thing that morning during EMH.

smurfy74

i think a lot will be done at night in stages otherwise they wouldnt need sucha long timescale ( fingers crossed anyway )

carrydee38

seems a long time for this to be closed i saw on another thread and they got an email back saying that it would not be closed for such a long period at that time of year.  I must try and find it and put it up here seems a lot of confusion regarding this closure and for a refurb to be done at a peak time...one wonders the logic of it why not do after xmas when its the quiet time... will try and find that email....has kristoff or anyone else confirmed this??