Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "gailytennant"HOW COOL???? We are going to Disneyland at EXACTLY the same time!!! Spooky in more ways than 1! Anyway what this about the castle being rehab'd? I hope it not completely covered - that would be soooo disappointing! Anyway Im still counting the days til my trip! Taking my nephew to the Mickeys not-so-scary Halloween party but cant find much info about it.... Did anyone go last year and let me know what to expect??? Thanks xxx

Oh coooool :D Who knows,maybe we will meet up  8)  Anways about MNSSHP, I have been to the 1st ever one that happened in DLRP in 2008, it was great :)  But last years version was even better! =D>  So I imagine that this year must be like the best ever to be produced [-o< hehe. Some rides will be open in fantasyland and in adventureland...A special parade and show will also be shown at the end of the party as far as I know too....ITS GONNA BE A BLAST!  :D/

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Kristof"I got some amazing news today, a refurbishment of the Castle is planned for the Halloween and Christmas season of THIS YEAR.  Looks like Tom Staggs' visit paid off a few months ago!
Kristof is there any more news about the castle refurb or have any dates been confirmed yet?

Thanks, Kelly
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Kristof

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"
Quote from: "Kristof"I got some amazing news today, a refurbishment of the Castle is planned for the Halloween and Christmas season of THIS YEAR.  Looks like Tom Staggs' visit paid off a few months ago!
Kristof is there any more news about the castle refurb or have any dates been confirmed yet?

Thanks, Kelly

Not at the moment, but I'll keep you all posted as soon as I find out more.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "kelly.dylan"

Thanks, Kelly

Not at the moment, but I'll keep you all posted as soon as I find out more.

Thanks Kristof  :)

kelly.dylan

Thanks Kristof :thumbs:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

emweaver

Quote from: "SM:M3"The mania!!!
Seems like what with all the other rehabs going on they really want to get things ready for the 20th :)

Quote from: "montaguewarner"So how do they do the Castle Refurbs? When was the last one anyway?
Do they do a bit at a time or do they completely destroy pictures for guests for a while and cover it all in scaffolding! I mean its the heart of Disneyland so can they really just not have it on show for guests?!

Could they just do it at night like when they do the xmas lights and the 15th and MMP decorations each year for example!
Last time they covered massive chunks of it up, theres a photo knocking around on the forum somewhere, in this thread I think showing the last (and only ;) ) rehab after the 5th anniversary.

ive just gone through and cant fnd the photo?

Festival Disney

I know it's old news, but here's a pic of the bridge works that i just came across  :P
Source: DCP

EDIT: If you're still looking for that shot of the castle when it was in refurb in 97/98, here it is  :thumbs:
//http://www.flickr.com/photos/klvinci/3281048143/in/pool-eurosouvenirland
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"hi i'd read the castle was going to be refurbed over halloween and xmas on here. I emailed the park and they replied with
QuoteThank you for your email.

I kindly inform you that for the moment, we are only aware of refurbishments up to September and therefore have no information concerning Christmas. However it does seem unlikely the Castle will be in refurbishment at such a time, especially as the bridge has been recently refurbished. As we receive refurbishment lists around 3 months before, please recontact us in 3 months to check on this matter.

Kindest regards,

I shared this on another board but thought id put it on here for anyone else who'd read it was being refurbed
so happy, this email is good enough for me  =D>

Found this in a different thread  :?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

littlemermaid83

I have now read that the castle will be going under refurb from 4th October- July 2011.

I have e-mailed Disney because even though the castle needs a refurb they cannot do it when I'm there lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I have now read that the castle will be going under refurb from 4th October- July 2011.

I have e-mailed Disney because even though the castle needs a refurb they cannot do it when I'm there lol.

Trust me, Disneyland Won't refurbish the castle during Halloween and christmas! :twisted:  They will refurbish the castle during January and March,During Low peak season. :D

Disneyland Paris Treasures

A Cast Member over at DCP reports the castle will be refurbished from January to September 2011.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Nicolai"A Cast Member over at DCP reports the castle will be refurbished from January to September 2011.

Good to hear, do you have the link to it please? :thumbs:

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"
Quote from: "Nicolai"A Cast Member over at DCP reports the castle will be refurbished from January to September 2011.

Will do, but I have to search for it first.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Nicolai"
Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"

Will do, but I have to search for it first.

thank you for your quick reply. :)  I shall await for your link. =D>

Hmm, there are now two different dates rumoured over at DCP:

"Phobos" claims the castle will be renovated from January to September 2011 -> SOURCE

"American-Boy" claims that the rehab will be from October 4, 2010 and end on 1st July 2011 -> SOURCE

Both are probably saying the truth, so it all depends which one has the more accurate source it seems.

Also interesting: American-Boy also says the castle will not have the ice palace lights this Christmas because of the rehab and "in spring 2011 BTM will be cleaned and there will be a cover painting for the most damaged rocks".