High School Musical 2: School's Out! (2008)

Started by Anthony, February 28, 2008, 01:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

High School Musical is set to return to WDS from 5th April to 31st August 2008!

Surprising news from DLRP Today:

QuoteSpring 2008 will see the premiere of a brand new High School Musical show at Walt Disney Studios, featuring the songs of the smash hit sequel — not only that, the original show is set to return each morning to complete the 'HSM' playlist.

- - - - -

Replacing High School Musical On Tour with a show dedicated almost entirely to songs from the second TV movie would certainly upset fans of the original film's soundtrack. So, the current plan is for a very clever compromise — the original High School Musical On Tour will return for two performances, each with two show stops, in the morning and early afternoon of each day.

Then, in the afternoon, it's "the start of the something new", as High School Musical 2 rolls into town with a brand new show based on that at Disney's California Adventure!
Source

The Butlin Boy

I wasn't expecting this at all, I thought that perhaps they'd add some of the new songs to the current show. I suppose it's a clever idea though, especially when they aren't going to run the cinema parade.

Malin

It explains the advertising stating this is a new attraction.

pjulie75

Just wondered if you think this would preview during March :?:

Anthony

No, first performance will be April 5th (or perhaps, just perhaps) the day before as a rehearsal.

Soap

Quote from: "Baloo"No, first performance will be April 5th (or perhaps, just perhaps) the day before as a rehearsal.

Sweet! Visiting 3 - 6 april, so this is on my "to-do" list  :D
thx for the info Baloo!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

smurfy74

i hope it gets extended as we are going 8th-12th september, last years was so i will keep my fingers crossed

Anthony

Some members on DCP are saying there have been rehearsals of the new HSM2 show backstage over the past few days.

Also just to clarify, 'High School Musical 2' (seems to be the official name) starts 5th April, with 'High School Musical On Tour' returning the following weekend from 12th April.

Riebi

I aks my self: Will it be that clear for the normal guests that they see two shows?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

I've just uploaded a brand new video of High School Musical 2: School's Out! (that's the official name, same as the US!) to DLRP Magic! Video. (and there's much more where that came from...)

At first it's strange to see something so similar but very different to the original, but the show grows on you and has some brilliant numbers. The "What Time Is It" dance is just like the film, and the All For One beach scene is very clever. But the best thing... the CAST! With this being the second year, it could have gone downhill... not a chance. The cast is BIG and BRILLIANT. You can spot a few familiar faces from last year too. Another hit for WDS.

Quote from: "Riebi"I aks my self: Will it be that clear for the normal guests that they see two shows?
Yes, it's very clear. The Programme clearly lists the two shows and the park map also tells you to make sure not to miss "the 2 High School Musical shows".

Soap

Been there, done that ;)
Great show, a lot of power and energy in it. I'm not a big HSM fan, but i like the dancing and catchy songs in this parade/show.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

TowMater

I have to say it's not bad at all although I think HSM has gone too cheesy and boring.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Anthony

Quote from: "Soap"I'm not a big HSM fan, but i like the dancing and catchy songs in this parade/show.
Good. :)

It's a shame when people automatically write off these shows because they don't like the films (or the 'hype' that surrounds them). They've got more energy and spirit in them than anything else I've ever seen at DLRP. The cast seem to really love it, not even in a fake American way, and it passes onto the audience. They're really something we should be proud to have at WDS.

Troy I'd like to punch and Gabriella could do with a strangling, but this show and the first one, I love. We need a HSM Fans Anonymous...

TowMater

I just got told that I'll be going there in November with some big HSM fans so they wish it would be extended in the Christmas season. (let's hope not)
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Anthony

Oh boo...

You'll be glad to hear the shows run until 30th September this year and that's it.