Peter Pan to the rescue - show

Started by Kristof, January 18, 2004, 11:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Baloo has a lot of publicity pictures of the new Peter Pan show on his site.

You can check 'm out right here!!!  :idea:

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/archive/dlp/sh ... photos.htm

flor

Peter Pan = Petra Pan?  :lol:

Kristof

peter pan is a girl  :evil:  gr*sdf**sdf*f**  :evil:

experiment627

Why so surprised?
Did you know that before Disney's "Peter Pan" of 1952, Peter Pan was *always* played (on stage and in the few early movies) by women.

Young women usually look more "boy-ish" than young men, and so it was up to the ladys to play Peter...

flor

Surprised they use a girl in Paris too. Those Americans don't know better. But here in Europe :?:  Just a strange view. Peter pan who is Petra Pan

experiment627

I said it before and I say it again: almost every time "Peter Pan" is put onto any stage, Peter is played by a woman - no matter if that stage is in America, Europe or Timbuktu... it's always the same.

Actually, I'd be surprised if Disneyland Paris had a male Peter Pan, because that would be really unusual...

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"Actually, I'd be surprised if Disneyland Paris had a male Peter Pan, because that would be really unusual...

I wonder how they will allow "Peter" Pan to speak then?  Unless it is pre-recorded dialogue like for the characters in Winnie the Pooh and Friends Too then it will be very hard for the woman to sound like a young boy - unless she can do a convincing voice (don't forget who Bart Simpson is voiced by!)  :wink:

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"it will be very hard for the woman to sound like a young boy - unless she can do a convincing voice (don't forget who Bart Simpson is voiced by!)  :wink:

But it's also hard for a man to sound like a young boy - if not even harder!

(I certainly don't have the same voice that I had when I was 12...)

Kristof

It's just strange when you compare it to the story... Like how Peter Pan feels about girls...

Ooooohw, that explains everything  :P

flor

Quote(I certainly don't have the same voice that I had when I was 12...)
Fortunately  :lol:
How long is the show planned? Only during summer? Till September/ October?

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"It's just strange when you compare it to the story... Like how Peter Pan feels about girls...

How does he feel about girls?

(And I promise that I'm about to scream if you're trying to tell me that Peter Pan is gay... I promise...)