International Disney theme park passes suggested

Started by Remco K., March 13, 2008, 09:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

QuoteSome Disney theme park fans can never get enough, which is why one shareholder's question to Walt Disney Co. President and CEO Bob Iger seemed to interest him.

"Is there any chance for a worldwide pass?" asked a man from California who said he's had Disneyland annual passes for 10 years and now has one for Walt Disney World too. During the company's annual shareholder's meeting, in Albuquerque, N.M., Iger replied that a single, annual pass good at all 11 Disney parks was something to consider, and that it had never come up before. Even Disney Board of Directors Chairman John Pepper said he was interested in the idea. Later a Disney Vacation Club member joined in and suggested that if such passes were ever offered that DVC members should be given special consideration. Iger seemed to like that idea too.

"Thank you very much for your idea," Pepper told the first shareholder.
Source: Scott Powers on the Orlando Sentinel blog

This might be an interesting development for all of the Disney parks world wide. The question is; will people buy such a pass to actually travel around the globe and visit all of the Disney parks?

This might only work well if they make such a pass valid for eternity... or at least a few years! ;)

Dlrpfan

sounds like a really good idea and one that could see a increese in annual passes proffits
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Soap

I wonder what such a pass would cost????  :?:
And indeed, what's the pass valid?? Great idea, but a big step i think...
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

GeoffD

that would be at a huge price to us i think.
Great idea though.

Or perhaps a mix-and-match idea
like you pick the parks on your pass then priced up.
Well that's my idea anyways.

coconut wireless

I've posted and called in to a couple of podcasts here in the US.  I think it's a great idea, but I have found that for trying to travel overseas from the US, it is extremely difficult to get information from Disney travel.  For the trip I'm making in October, hotel information to the US travel agent was released the first week of April.  When trying to find out about Hong Kong or Tokyo, it was goto their web site.

If they want more international, they have *got* to make it easier to get travel info for the overseas parks...at least for the US, I can't speak for someone in Europe trying to get the the Asia or US parks.
Check out the Meandering Mouse Club TV podcast in i-tunes or http://www.meanderingmouse.com
Toyko Disneyland Resort June 2007, Walt Disney World December 2007, Disneyland (Original Anaheim Kingdom) May 2008, Paris Disneyland Resort October 2008

davewasbaloo

I would love it. I remember one year I was lucky enough to go to DL, WDW and DLP x3 in the same year.  It would have been perfect.

Also it was nice to be able to use our Legoland Windsor AP to get free parking, admissions, and discounts at Legoland California earlier this year.

And a few years ago when Tussauds part owned Port Adventura, our Alton Towers APs got us in to Port Adventura for free.  

So I would love this.  And if it only cost about 20% more tops, I would go for it.

Similarly Legoland offers lifetime APs.  This would be cool at Disney too.
since 2001 (many before that)