Big Thunder Mountain the movie???

Started by Kristof, February 01, 2008, 05:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Well, with all the attractions currently being turned in live action movies, I'm not actually surprised by this...

Quote from: "Jim Hill Media"[...] Maybe Mickey & Jerry will then decide to do something truly off the wall. Like sending Benjamin Gates out to the American Southwest in search of a certain mountain. Which is said to contain a huge albeit cursed amount of gold.

Which I know sounds totally ridiculous. Except that -- late last week -- the Walt Disney Company also registered these four domain names:

* BIGTHUNDERMOUNTAIN-MOVIE.COM
    * BIGTHUNDERMOUNTAINMOVIE.COM
    * THUNDERMOUNTAIN-MOVIE.COM
    * THUNDERMOUNTAINMOVIE.COM

And from what I understand, this is not a case of the Mouse simply doing some place holding. But -- rather -- that these domain names were registered because Walt Disney Pictures actually has a "Big Thunder Mountain" movie in development. More importantly, that folks at the studio are trying to convince Bruckheimer to produce the thing.

Now what this proposed big screen version of "Big Thunder Mountain" might do to that "Jungle Cruise" movie that Disney already has in development (Or -- for that matter -- whether this western-themed production might then have some impact on that big budget "Lone Ranger" remake / revival that Jerry's been trying to get Disney to greenlight for a while now) ... Who can say?

Source: Jim Hill Media

-breeno-

A BTM movie sound rather cool.  I heard ages ago (before POTC movie was out) they would be making movies about three Disney attractions, one was POTC, the othe Huanted Masion and the other Space Mountain, but maybe the person that told me Space Mountain instead of Big Thunder Mountain :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Sounds good to me, lets hope it'll be a successful as POTC, and not like the unsuccessful Haunted Mansion [-o<

Remco K.

Come on... Are they making movies of every single Disney attraction out there? What's next? It's a Small World: The Movie?

MadHatter

As long as they are succesfull, decent movies they can make a movie out of all attractions as far as i care.  :roll:

Anyway, i was just wondering. If they'd make a movie out of Big thunder mountain, don't they have to include the entire Frontierland story then? Including Phantom Manor?

Alpop

I understand the importance of preserving the internet presence, but....

That still leave.
thebigthundermountain.com
thethundermountain.com
thebtmmovie.com

and a load of similar ones.

I think it's a great idea for a film. The american west gold rush. Will it be set in thunder mesa though????

-breeno-

Quote from: "Alpop"Will it be set in thunder mesa though????

I doubt it but really hope it will, they could even included Phantom Manor and then have a kind of spin-off movie with the story of PM :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

GeoffD

a wild west movie would be cool by Disney, they have some gold ideas (bad joke sorry!)

But with Bruckheimer (sp) involved it really could be a good movie.