The covered walkway

Started by 15MagicalYears, January 30, 2008, 09:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

In all my years of visiting DLRP I found out about this last night!  :?

Now this is what I call true imagineering!  8)   =D>

[youtube:d8ukjksf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mafwLffVbVM[/youtube:d8ukjksf]

Nicholas-c

i use them most of the time, its quicker because everyone is attracted to the castle (which i like to walk towards at times) but i don't think many people understand where they go or know of their existence

i think alot of thought went into them, as they are very useful

good funny video :p
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Soap

Great imagineering indeed! Love to walk those deserted walkways, just as if you are the only one at the parc......lovely feeling!!!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

miss disney fan

the walk ways around main street are great to use if you dont want to watch the parade but you need to get to the other end, say from around main street station area to Frontierland and so on, we use then alot as we try to take advantage or the rides when the parades on on  :P

GrandiJoos

When I was there a week ago they closed the Discovery Arcade after the Candlebration. Does anyone know why? They left the Liberty Arcade open so its not because they want to 'force' people to the shops (which can also be accessed from the arcades).

GrandiJoos :cool:

Kristof

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"In all my years of visiting DLRP I found out about this last night!  :?

Now this is what I call true imagineering!  8)   =D>

Never include UK when posting embedded YouTube videos.  Replace it by www.

RnRCj

I liked that video. I knew you could get to the Adventureland Bazaar comletely undercover, but I didn't know you could get all the way to Pirates! That's one more fun fact I've learnt about DLRP!

madame_leota

i quite often use the covered walkway alhtough i do like to walk down mainstreet as i just like the feeling of it! :D

the loos that they pass at about 4.50 on the video are so tucked out of the way hardly anyone uses them so if the parks busy i try and use those toilets, they are much cleaner too.

luke85

I love both Discovery & Liberty Arcade! They're 2 of my favourite parts of the park! I've never walked the entire covered walkway to Fantasyland though, I usually use the walkway to get to Frontierland quicker!

luke85

Quote from: "madame_leota"i quite often use the covered walkway alhtough i do like to walk down mainstreet as i just like the feeling of it! :D

the loos that they pass at about 4.50 on the video are so tucked out of the way hardly anyone uses them so if the parks busy i try and use those toilets, they are much cleaner too.

Also, I totally agree! These toilets are by far the cleanest in the park!

npg

These walkways can be a godsend when its busy. We regularly use them as they are usually deserted, and you feel like you have stumbled on something new... :lol:

Reiana

:shock: We always use Liberty and Discovery Acrade to avoid Main Street and we often use the walkway to get to or to leave Frontierland. But I had no idea, the coverd walkway continous after Fort Compstock. On my next trip I have to check this out by myself. :D/

gailytennant

I LOVE this walkway!! Especially when its raining! Im disappointed that loads of people know about it! Its MY secret passageway!!! :P  :mrgreen:

Gemz

WOW!! a knew about this walkway but a never knew it went as far as that!! :shock:  lol

pussinboots

I always find it odd that so few people notice this walkway. It crosses some pretty busy places. (Fort Comstock, two Adventureland entrances.) Although the shortcut between Main Street and Frontierland is pretty obscure, that's true.

In any case, it's a godsend on a hot summer day.