WDCC Figurines to expensive at DLRP!!!

Started by speedpacket, January 22, 2008, 09:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedpacket

Hi there!

I'm a huge Disney fan, and have been collecting the WDCC Figurines for quite some time now. Usually, we get them through the official WDCC Dealer network, but since DLRP is also an official dealer, and we get 10% disacount on them using our shareholders card, I did buy some of them at the resort.

I must say that I'm pretty disgusted with this now, as it appears that at least o-two of the figurines I bought at DLRP were overpriced, and do not even come close to the official retailer price through the WDCC Dealer network.

Cogsworth (from Beauty and the Beast) I paid 189.00 EUR - 10% reduction, while the official price is 120.00 EUR...
Lumière (from BatB as well) I paid 170.00 EUR - 10% reduction, while the official price is 115.00 EUR.

Everyone knows I'm a big fan, and I love the resort, but this really made me think about some stuff...  I have send customer relations an email on two occasions regarding the issue for over a month ago already, and never received any response whatsoever...

Well - if anyone else is collecting them: make sure you have your official retailer price list with you when you make a new purchase at the resort.  I really think it's disgusting to see that no one even cares, and I have just double checked, and the prices are still 189 and 170 at the resort currently, so they didn't even righten the mistake yet...

Very disappointing to see that you can't even be sure the official prices are used at the resort...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

davewasbaloo

We are collectors too.  And we have found that all the Disney resorts around the globe sell above the RRP, especially DLP.  Rule of thumb for us, we never buy unless we know RRP (unless it is park exclusive like Figment or the PotC series).
since 2001 (many before that)

CJNorth

Hi

I'm a retailer in the UK for WDCC and have also wondered how the parks can charge what appears to be a much higher price then the recommended retail price (RRP) at frist I thought it was due to currency differences.

When we first stocked WDCC we were given strict instructions not to deviate from the RRP unless it was part of a shop wide promotion, although things have changed a little now.

When ENESCO took over the UK distribution they were able to reduce the RRP across the whole range so for a time some old stocked items in shops were more expensive than the RRP, but that was a few years ago.
Carl

speedpacket

Well,  luckily for us, you can still find great deals on WDCC through eBay.
Shipped in mint condition, in their original box and with certificate for less than 50% of the official price...  I don't know how some of them do it, but you can find some great deals on eBay.  (Sorry, CJNorth...)

Either way... I still find it absolutely disgusting that they don't sell at the RRPs...
Next visit:

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

CJNorth

No need to say sorry, we sell on ebay as a shop and I buy items for myself on ebay as you can get some amazing bargins.
Carl

speedpacket

Quote from: "CJNorth"No need to say sorry, we sell on ebay as a shop and I buy items for myself on ebay as you can get some amazing bargins.
Cool - you have a link to your shop?
I just became the proud owner of Cinderella's Dress now, so currently giving my collection a nice boost with 17 new figurines bought in January ;)
Next visit: