How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roaldbergmann

Now, when everybody's asking about how crowded and busy the park is, when they arrive, i'd rather do the same :-)

I'm going 8th to 12th of May. Does anyone know, how it'll be at that time?

Livefields

May 8th is a national holiday in France, Le jour de la libération (Liberation Day)

Further on, most countries in Europe 'celebrate' the two days of Pentecost (on Sunday 11th and the subsequent Monday) in this weekend.

So I expect it will be busy 8 - 12 may...

The Monday is a holiday in much of Europe. The day is known as Whit Monday in England, Wales, and Ireland, and is also celebrated in Iceland, Norway, Denmark, The Netherlands, Poland, Belgium, parts of Switzerland, Germany, Austria and Hungary.

Since 1967, however, Whit Monday has not been a public holiday in the United Kingdom; the holiday has been moved to the fixed date of the last Monday in May, which sometimes but by no means always coincides with Whit Monday.

Whit Monday also ceased to be a statutory holiday in France in 2005, where the abolishment led to strong protests.

Maybe someone has visited Disney before may 8yh and/or in the weekend of Pentecost (Pinksteren)  :?:

Anthony

Picked this thread at random to become The Official "How Busy Will It Be?" Topic, since it's such a popular question.

Post your dates and maybe someone can help.

treble

the begining of july-just how bad will it be?
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

TICH

And what about the Beginings of February? (Concretly from the 1st to 4th)  :P  

Thanks and Hakuna Matata!  :stitch:
"That door is opening once again..."

madame_leota

tich - i have been 3 times in febuary and its so quiet then! have always been there around the week of the 8th (sisters b-day) and its just totaly dead! gotta love it though, just walking onto the rides. you will probably find that saturday is the busiest day, thats what i have found in the past. :) have fun! maybe i will see you there!! :lol: im there on the 3rd-8th

by the way - totaly  :offtopic: but i LOVE you avitar!! :)

TICH

Thanks a lot madame_leota! And I´m glad to see you like my avatar  :D
I am sure that if you see me it will be hold on the Tower or on a Stitch, lol!

Thanks again and Hakuna Matata! :stitch:
"That door is opening once again..."

pjulie75

What about Monday 24-Saturday 29 March - I am arriving the day after Easter Sunday and the Disneyland Park is open until 9pm ?

Livefields

Quote from: "Baloo"Picked this thread at random to become The Official "How Busy Will It Be?" Topic, since it's such a popular question.

Post your dates and maybe someone can help.

*bump* The Official "How Busy Will It Be?" Topic
(everyone is still opening new topics!  :P )

Quote from: "roaldbergmann"Now, when everybody's asking about how crowded and busy the park is, when they arrive, i'd rather do the same :-)

I'm going 8th to 12th of May. Does anyone know, how it'll be at that time?

littlemermaid83

Im going 22nd-26th September

anyone know how busy it will be and what the weather is like?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

StitchOhana

How about late April?

Lozzie

Yeah! Im going 13th April and im hoping there arent any school holidays. Because Easter is in March this year isnt it? I tried checking online for School Holidays, but their all different!
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

GeoffD

UK holidays generally end around 8th April

pjulie75

In Scotland the kids are off from 7-18 April inclusive, I think that week will be quite busy :?

treble

uk school holidays are all wierd this year because easter is so early. most schools are only taking off easter monday and then having 2 weeks in april. this in turn puts all the other holidays out. however if you live in nottinghamshire, as we do, the easter 2 weeks are at the end of march. our kids are off this week most of the uk was off last week. only problem is it will make the summer term 7-8 weeks long :?
what about the rest of europe? what school holidays do they have?
just like alice you\'re in wonderland