How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

im going the 10th - 12th november and the 11th is a public holiday in france, anyone know if this is a day that the park will be packed - its a tuesday btw

toonarmylass

im going 16th to 20th navember would normally ask just get on with but my friend a fuss pot what will it be like then

cap'njack

I'm going for a weekend 12th-14th December. Although there are not school holidays that I am aware of it is a weekend so I'm expecting it to be very, very busy. I'll make best use of EMH and then do all the Christmassy stuff during the day and then hopefully when the queues die off again in the evening we can do some more.

never2old

Quote from: "cap'njack"I'm going for a weekend 12th-14th December. Although there are not school holidays that I am aware of it is a weekend so I'm expecting it to be very, very busy. I'll make best use of EMH and then do all the Christmassy stuff during the day and then hopefully when the queues die off again in the evening we can do some more.

Me too!! Staying on until Monday -  so we'll do as much as we can friday, monday and during the EMH... Same as you, I fear the weekend itself will be quite busy...

simonrtaylor

Hi

looking to go either wed 26 november for 5 nights or 3rd december for 5 night any idea on how busy during this time?
Si
Orlando - 88 - Orlando - 98 - Paris - 98 - Kissimee - 05 - WDW All Star Movies - 06 - WDW All Star Sports - 07 - 08 - Music - 09 - Cheyenne - 11

jeakat24

Hi Simonrtaylor,

I went in on 25th nov 2004 but only stayed for three days that time, and I have to say it was quite quiet. There wasn't much of a queue for anything and all the christmas stuff was in full swing. In fact for anyone wanting to go for the christmas celebrations this would be the time I'd most recommend to go as it gets you in the mood for christmas but you're not there in the really busy time.

Saying that, a lot could have changed in four years! Have a nice trip

edit: Sorry, forgot to say that apparently it gets much busier come december
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

hollymattbenmilo

Hi there... can someone help me?
I am booked to go Nov 19th to 23rd. Am so excited and taking my 4 year old and 1 year old. Its from wed to sunday.
Just wondering so i can prepare myself. is saturday and sunday going to be ok ish... busyt, very busy... hellish?? i know its weekend... so will be far busier... but its still november and hoping it wont be total hell? or should be prepare ourselves for not being able to ride any rides?
obv will make most of early magic hours on sat and sunday though

thank you! really appreciate advice from anyone that went this time over a weekend last year

Raniroo

I am heading to DLRP first week of March. What are the crowds (or lack of) like.  Also, is it going to be really cold?!!!!!

2009 Disney Paris
2009 WDW

Beltane

Hi, we went 20th to 24th of Nov 2006 and it was quiet. went again in July 2007 and it was much busier. rebooked for 18th of Nov this year (11 days to go , yay!) should be lovely and quiet again.

oojijay

Quote from: "tigger123"I'm going 5-8 January, I know the schools in England go back on the 5th, but it's also the end of the Christmas celebrations does anyone know how busy it'll be then please?

we wanted to go these days aswell, but I phoned them today and the whole resort is fully booked, apart from the Disneyland Hotel castle club rooms and Sante Fe, so I think it will probably be quite busy. We're staying the 8th till the 11th instead now.

N-Igmagineer_88

Quote from: "oojijay"
Quote from: "tigger123"I'm going 5-8 January, I know the schools in England go back on the 5th, but it's also the end of the Christmas celebrations does anyone know how busy it'll be then please?

we wanted to go these days aswell, but I phoned them today and the whole resort is fully booked, apart from the Disneyland Hotel castle club rooms and Sante Fe, so I think it will probably be quite busy. We're staying the 8th till the 11th instead now.

I didn't quite understand that.How are they 'fully booked'?Is it possible that Newport BC(1000+rooms) or Sequoia Lodge are filled to capacity after New year??My local travel agent didn't mention this problem.Perhaps the problem applies in direct booking? :? *confused*
\'\'I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse\'\'-Walt Disney

littlemermaid83

I'm going the 5-8th Jan aswell and have been told the whole resort is fully booked.

Seems though there are rooms available from the 7th.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

caffeine_demon

I'm doing friday 30th jan - sun 1 feb

any ideas how busy it might be?  particularly sat and sun?

oojijay

Quote from: "N-Igmagineer_88"
Quote from: "oojijay"

I didn't quite understand that.How are they 'fully booked'?Is it possible that Newport BC(1000+rooms) or Sequoia Lodge are filled to capacity after New year??My local travel agent didn't mention this problem.Perhaps the problem applies in direct booking? :? *confused*

I think it's a busy time - it's one of the cheapest times of year to go, and you're getting an extra day and night, but the christmas stuff is still there and schools may not be back yet - I know kids here don't go back till the 8th. But yeah, you might only have a certain numbers of rooms available online and reserve some for travel agents or whatever.

ETA: Does anyone know about the 8th-11th January? I know the weekend will be busy but what about the Thursday/Friday?

baldkev

We're off on Sunday 11th January 2009 for 3 nights.  I'm happy that we've missed the Christmas bits and pieces and we miss all the school holidays so we're hoping it'll be nice and quiet.

Last time we went was in mid November 2007 and it was very quiet on the Tues-Thurs and then pretty busy on the Friday.  The only real queues at Walt Disney Studios were on Crush's Coaster with an average 40 minutes wait, Tower of Terror wasn't open then.  Over in Disneyland Park we didn't have any major queues anywhere.

Anyway we know it'll be cold but we'll dress accordingly!

Kev