How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin Danger Kelly

Oh sorry I didnt make myself clear. Those dates for Jan. Although i doubt it will really be that busy, I,m not sure how much resturants will be open. Can anyone enlighten me? More than 50% I was there around this time, a good few years ago and it seemed a lot less than that.
Past visits to the Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Hotel Three Times.
Sequoia Lodge Four Times.
Travelers Explorers Hotel Once.
]

Festival Disney

hmmm, the best thing would be to phone restaurant reservations.
Unless it's snowing I can't see why they'd have that many closed. I didn't know that they closed them in low season!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Elaine

Yes they do close some restaurants on some days of the week during low season, at any time of the year (I think Hakuna Matata and Colonel Hathi's has been closed more than half the times I've visited DLP). Best to phone Dining Reservations I think, they can tell you which restaurants are open on which days during your visit.

Elaine

Dolph7800

Quote from: "Austin Danger Kelly"How about the Twelveth of January 'till the Seventeenth? Its a Wednesday till Monday. And its getting close!
Does anyone know if much of the resturants are opan at that time?
Ta Ta in advance

Been twice in January before, usually around 15th-20th and its always been really quiet, hence why we are going in January again, albeit about a week earlier than usual.
The weather may be bad, but nothing beats doing Big Thunder Mountain 5 times in a row with no queue!  8)

RichardvG

I planned a trip from 27th of February till the 3rd of March. I just found out yersterday that is a french schoolholiday  :( ....Is there somebody having experience with this winterholiday, will it be really crowded?

Jimmy Cricket

Heading back to the magic on February 14th-17th, anybody know how busy it will be. I know the French are off from the 19th. Thanks in advance  :)

CyclingMinnie

Quote from: "disneyloverjessie"21-25 February? :)

Hi We are going at the same time as you (very excited haven't told the kids yet!).  Its the first time we have been in the school holidays - we have always been at the end of January and taken the kids out of school - can't do that now seeing as I work in a school. I am assuming it will be busier than what we are used to.
Disneyland Hotel 2006
Newport Bay Club 2007
New York Hotel 2008
Disney World Florida 2009
New York Hotel 2010

New York Hotel 2011

poppie123

Anyone got any idea as to how busy it will be from Monday the 27th of June until Wednesday the 29th?

Are there any countires that have holidays for these dates?

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "poppie123"Anyone got any idea as to how busy it will be from Monday the 27th of June until Wednesday the 29th?

hehe i was wondering about those dates as well... i wanna be there on my 21st birthday.... and no holidays then in england summer holidays start in july.... dont know about other places tho...
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

poppie123

We have actually booked to go then, i thought it would be quiet but the direct Eurostar worked out at £119 (2 people) to get there and only £69 return. It would seem that the train is rather busy and the tickets have only been on sale a short while.
Mind you i have just come back (6th-9th of Jan) and when i booked that i did so thinking it would be nice and quiet. How wrong was i, i knew the weekend was going to be busy but the Thursday was busier.

never2old

Quote from: "poppie123"Anyone got any idea as to how busy it will be from Monday the 27th of June until Wednesday the 29th?

A couple of years ago we went there a bit earlier (21- 23 June), and it was already packed. I think in Italy and Spain they already had school holidays (judging by the huge number of Italian and Spanish guests, a lot more than usual)... We were there Sunday to Tuesday, and Sunday was the quietest day! Not as busy as it gets later during the summer season, but still a lot busier than we were expecting... Many rides had queues over 70-90 minutes.

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "never2old"

A couple of years ago we went there a bit earlier (21- 23 June), and it was already packed. I think in Italy and Spain they already had school holidays (judging by the huge number of Italian and Spanish guests, a lot more than usual)... We were there Sunday to Tuesday, and Sunday was the quietest day! Not as busy as it gets later during the summer season, but still a lot busier than we were expecting... Many rides had queues over 70-90 minutes.

ouch! thats quite off putting... i have never been when its been busy before having always gone in low seasons its always been reasonably quiet...
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

never2old

Yes, I confess it was not the most pleasant trip we'd had there... We were expecting it to be a lot quieter (we'd been in June before, but usually a lot earlier, around my birthday on the 9th) and it was always great, nice and quiet during the week. We were not prepared for the crowds...  But end of June you have the nice weather, and the prices are a lot cheaper than if you go a couple of weeks later in July with the summer season. That must attract a lot of guests!!

Mid May? no idea what this time of year will be like???
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

gldc

Any idea april 30 - may 2. May 2 is may day ans april 29 is the royal wedding
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com