Disney Stores, hidden merchandise......!!

Started by Javey74, January 12, 2008, 01:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Hi there  :D

Is it just me, but I have noticed that quite a few of the Disney shops seem to keep a lot of stock in the backshop rather than out the front for customers to view.  For example, I visited York for the day and decided to look in the Disney Store there, I was looking for a pair of 'Donald Socks', I couldn't find them anywhere in the shop, so I decided to ask.  I was told that they had quite a few pairs upstairs in the stock room, so the assistant brought a few down for me to look at.

In the Leeds Branch, I asked for a formal type 'Mickey Tie', since I could not find any within the shop, again the assistant went out the back and brought out their tie selection.  I don't know what the reason is for this, or if anyone else has experienced similar things in their local stores.  I don't see the logic in it.

I would have thought that the logical way to sell these days is to put all merchandise in the front of the shop for customers to view and extra of the same merchandise out the back.  If you don't know it's there, how can you buy it...... :?  

The stores seem large enough, so I don't think it's space, so what's the reason for it  :?:

Anthony

I suppose it might depend on the size of the shop, or - knowing Disney - it'll be all about which "brands" they're pushing at the current time.

Or maybe the demand for Donald socks and Mickey ties is too much to keep up with? :wink:

treble

i work in retail-although sadly not at a disney store-and you often have to take stock off the shop floor because of a particular promotion or because of a seasonal event (such as the up coming valentines day) so it's always a good idea to ask. even if they haven't got the item at that time they could be able to tell you when if at all it's coming in.  :)
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

DisneyParksFan

It is also possible that they are future items for sale or they were past items for sale and they were waiting for their trip back to the warehouse.
It could also be that sometimes companies get too large of a range of items delievered to their stores while their current planners do not include all of these products on the floor yet.
And there's always the rotation theory that various items are only on display for certain times.
But yeah, from a business stand point, you would want as many of your products on the floor as possible.

StitchOhana

I work at the Disney Store and there is absolutely no way that we can put all of the stock we have out onto stage. We all have huge warehouses with our stock, and the idea is that we put the most popular items out (High School Musical etc) out onto stage, and anything guests ask for, we can easily run up to our stock room and bring out what they request.