World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures. WoDS looks really nice.

Since the murals represent different parts of the world, Disney made a mistake here:

Disneymagicinteractive

Tarzan takes place in Africa, while the Jungle Book takes place in India. In my opinion the snake seems to be Kaa.

DutchBrit

Quote from: "dagobert"Tarzan takes place in Africa, while the Jungle Book takes place in India. In my opinion the snake seems to be Kaa.

Perhaps just a cousin? Pythons also live in Africa. He could even be Sir Hiss on a visit (left his cape and hat behind)!

Is it strictly parts of the world? Or is the theme of that panel simply "Jungle"? I rather doubt it's a mistake that's going to bother many people....

dagobert

Of course it will not bother anyone. It didn't even notice that, until someone else told me. It even doesn't bother me now. I just wanted to show it to the members here. I guess I should have put a smiley at the end of the sentence.

I think the murals do represent different parts of the world, because right nect to the murals, there are these round cut out maps that show the part of the world in which the picture of the mural is located.

Riebi

Wow! That´s an interesting find. Is Europe the ratatouille one? But we have also a Peter Pan?

Maybe they really made a mistake here. Personally it doesn´t matter that much for me. But the motivation behind the murals (and the characters on it) could be interesting.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Riebi"Wow! That´s an interesting find. Is Europe the ratatouille one? But we have also a Peter Pan?

Maybe they really made a mistake here. Personally it doesn´t matter that much for me. But the motivation behind the murals (and the characters on it) could be interesting.

If you look at all the others I don't think they are meant to be divided strictly into specific world regions (although that is a part of the general theme) nor to only characters out of one film. For example, I don't remember Donald in "Finding Nemo", or Goofy in "Lilo and Stitch", but you get ducks in water and Goofy has a surf board, so they kind of fit! So having Kaa in the Jungle scene is like that.

I think they all look really nice!

Riebi

My fav is the peter pan one  :)
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Josh

I think it's awesome that you can buy smaller versions of the murals, as well! The store is smaller than I expected, but still looks amazing. And it's so clever how they've slightly raised it so that it avoids the crowds leaving the park. I hope theyv'e got enough capacity to cope with so many people checking it out when the parks are closing.

I can't believe I'm getting excited over a shop. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Sven_29

This store is turning out great! Can't wait to go shopping here. The lithographs are awesome, I like the Alladin one the most.
Don\'t close your eyes, DARE TO DREAM!

Maarten

Here is an interesting picture showing the new planter next to the building, and the 'backstage' area of the store.

(Source: Philippep62 - Disney Central Plaza)

And here is a plan of World of Disney, so you know exactly where to head to on July 6th (the rumoured soft opening date). Apparently the store will be operated by Disney Parks & Resorts instead of Disneyland Paris, just like the World of Disney stores in Anaheim and Orlando. As a consequence, we might even see merchandising from other Disney resorts around the world.

(Source: imagination75 - Themepark.nl)

Grandmath

Quote from: "pussinboots"Anybody know the numbers for the current Disney Store?

Approximately 700 m² so the WOD is twice as big.

dagobert

That's interesting that the new shop will not be operated by DLP. Since Disneyland Paris doesn't belong to the WD Parks & Resort division, I guess the revenue of the shop will go directly to TWDC and not to ED SCA. So what company built the store? Was is a DLP project and so paid by ED SCA, or was it done by TWDC?

Now there's a chance we might be able to buy some nice merchandise instead of the cheap stuff that is available throughout the resort. The retro collection is an exception.

Thanks for the map.

dagobert

Wasn't the current Disney Store operated by TWDC as well, instead of ED SCA?

pussinboots

Quote from: "Grandmath"
Quote from: "pussinboots"Anybody know the numbers for the current Disney Store?

Approximately 700 m² so the WOD is twice as big.

Thanks! That gives a good idea of the actual capacity of the place.

Quote from: "Maarten"Here is an interesting picture showing the new planter next to the building, and the 'backstage' area of the store.

What's interesting to me is how they seem to have made it impossible for themselves to ever build anything in that odd spot between the store and the IMAX building. It's too narrow for anything but a small counter service restaurant or similar, and they need the space for incoming trucks. Pretty odd especially when you consider that there are plans for a TGV station and a hotel to face that very spot.

dagobert

Does someone have pictures of all murals inside the shop?

dagobert

Quote from: "pussinboots"What's interesting to me is how they seem to have made it impossible for themselves to ever build anything in that odd spot between the store and the IMAX building. It's too narrow for anything but a small counter service restaurant or similar, and they need the space for incoming trucks. Pretty odd especially when you consider that there are plans for a TGV station and a hotel to face that very spot.

I wonder if they have a masterplan for that area. That space seems really small and with the truck loading area, I can't see a big building there. Maybe a small diner, but they should add a facade to hide the ugly grey wall of the cinema.