World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hathaway Browne

Well I never expected it to rotate. Going by looks alone, this store is going to be a very welcome addition to the Village, and will certainly improve the atmosphere around there.

Although I might start showing up some of the other less impressive façades.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

littlemermaid83

I'm really hoping we get some decent quality merchandise in this store.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

pussinboots

Mika on Disney Central Plaza just reported that the dome (and presumably the rest of the globe) will be finished in glass. I was wondering about the globe from the beginning, as the concept art seems to suggest something more akin to the Planet Hollywood globe, which is to say painted fiberglass waiting to fade in the sun. But glass; much better. This could be very nice indeed.

DopeyDad

InsideDLParis

and so the glass starts going in, I think this could look amazing from inside the store :)

pinkboxers

I could also imagine it looking amazing at night, if it's gonna be illuminated on the inside! And wow, the spinning really is a nice addition to the building.
"It's like when you go and you see a really great band live for the first time, you know, and nobody's saying it but everybody's thinking it: "We have something to believe in again."

Glstitch

A friend of mine who was in DLP about a week a go saw the dome with glas on it rotating ! He said the tests were going on for a couple of minutes.

disneymad1000

Quick update
Pictures are from InsideDLParis

Disney Trips
2002- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne
April 2005- DLRP- (Day trip)
October 2006- WDW- Off Site
Augest 2007- DLRP- Off site
Decemeber 2007- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chanteloup)
May 2008- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chantelop)
Augest 2009 - DLRP- Davy Crockette Ranch
Augest 2010- DLRP- Off site
July 2011- DLRP- Off site

July 2012- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne

Auroura86

I'm a bit sad that it won't be open when I'm there, but oh well, there's always next time :)
Where me keys? Where me phone?

CafeFantasia

I was at Disneyland Paris back in November 2010 when they had just started construction on the World of Disney. We're almost in April 2012 now and it's still not finished. Does it hold the record for the longest construction time on a shop, ever? :-)

DopeyDad

InsideDLParis

globe coming along :)

CafeFantasia

If the official opening in June, might there be soft openings in May?

Glstitch

Quote from: "Alan"If the official opening in June, might there be soft openings in May?

I don't think so , it's a shop , nothing can be really tested or something...

Anthony

Opening now apparently set for July.

It is a huge building and a very difficult site to build on, sitting literally right on top of the railway lines and isolated from other backstage areas. Makes a huge different to the heart of the resort though, filling in that missing gap between the parks and village/hotels. You notice it as soon as you step out into Fantasia Gardens, and your eye is constantly drawn towards it right up until you arrive at its doors. Very clever.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Anthony"Opening now apparently set for July.

It is a huge building and a very difficult site to build on, sitting literally right on top of the railway lines and isolated from other backstage areas. Makes a huge different to the heart of the resort though, filling in that missing gap between the parks and village/hotels. You notice it as soon as you step out into Fantasia Gardens, and your eye is constantly drawn towards it right up until you arrive at its doors. Very clever.

Great news to hear! :D

Thanks for the update Anthony  8)

Glstitch

When you walk past the World of Disney Store you hear the machines working and you can really see day to day progress !