World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

Looks like a little bit of surface digging has occured to make a small trench, but nothing major yet!

Source: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... htm#805587
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Anthony

Presumably that's the temporary surface taken off the concrete TGV box below. Don't forget this is being built on top of the railway lines! I wonder if that makes things easier or more difficult? Judging by an aerial photo, there's an air vent just near the current Disney Village entrance that'll need to go: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&h ... 03178&z=19

RiverRogue

Quote from: "Anthony"Judging by an aerial photo, there's an air vent just near the current Disney Village entrance that'll need to go:

Little fun fact, those air vents are required to be exactly where they are by law... they can't just build over it, so it'll have to be incorporated (by way of a chimney, for example).

I'd go for "more difficult."

dagobert

That will be interesting how Disney will incorpoarte the air vents. I didn't know that the location is above the railway track.

Festival Disney

We have lift-off, people!  :lol:

Source: DCP on Facebook
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

More pictures! Anthony, it looks like you were right in saying they've removed the ground from above the TGV box   :)

Source: http://www.disneygazette.fr/raiponce-ra ... s-458.html
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

bigrossco

was just thinking im sure there is a bit where you can see the tracks right where they are doing that building ll
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

Wow, the trees, lampposts and paving look lovely without the wall behind them in the third photo. The area is going to be great when the building goes up and finally ties the different parts of the resort together. No more a giant empty patch of land in the middle of things!

Thanks RiverRogue for the explanation. Hopefully the chimney won't impact too much on the floorspace. It'll be interesting to see how that air vent above which is only half in the plot of land is incorporated though, unless the store doesn't extend that far on this side.

Adam

Logic suggests that it will be cheaper to leave the vent where it is, even if they could move it, as it would cost a lot to move it and also, may result in a line closure below. A chimney could be rather obtrusive, so they could build over it with a suspended floor and vent around all of the sides of the building along the floor. Alternatively, if the vent can be lined up with the edge of the building, they could divert it at an angle to come out on the wall.

However, it is not the air that is the problem - the noise could be the major issue with venting it anywhere near the building.

dagobert

Does someone know how the new WoDS will look like? A few days ago the new Disney Store on Times Square (NY) opened and in my opinion it looks great. I really hope that the new WoDS will look more like this store than the WoDS at Downtown Disney at WDW. The Times Square store looks very modern.

Will the new shop sell DLRP merchandise or Disney Store merchandise as well?

RiverRogue

Quote from: "dagobert"I really hope that the new WoDS will look more like this store than the WoDS at Downtown Disney at WDW. The Times Square store looks very modern.

Assuming you mean the inside...

It'll really look like neither. In any case, "modern" isn't how I'd describe it; it'll continue the style of the exterior and take it toward a more specific theme, related to the store's name... I guess I'll stop there!

As for the merchandise, I imagine it'll sell DLP products only -- the Disney Stores (outside of Disney Village, that is) are a separate entity.

dagobert

Quote from: "RiverRogue"
Quote from: "dagobert"I really hope that the new WoDS will look more like this store than the WoDS at Downtown Disney at WDW. The Times Square store looks very modern.

Assuming you mean the inside...

It'll really look like neither. In any case, "modern" isn't how I'd describe it; it'll continue the style of the exterior and take it toward a more specific theme, related to the store's name... I guess I'll stop there!

As for the merchandise, I imagine it'll sell DLP products only -- the Disney Stores (outside of Disney Village, that is) are a separate entity.

Thanks for the answer! You are always very quick!
Yes, I was talking about the inside. I like how the new shop looks like. It doesn't focus too much on characters.

I already thought that the new store would only sell DLRP merchandise. The WoDS at WDW sold Disney Parks merchandise as well.

Do you know what will replace the current Disney Store?

Martyn

Its going to look a bit odd having a shop outside the Village...

Adam

It will effectively be the the entrance to the Village. They may modify the entrance to make it more central to incorporate the shop more. Eventually, there will be a second street along - however, that could be a long time...

Martyn

Going up past the IMAX? Think I remember seeing them plans.

I think something will need to be done with the main entrance, but I dont know what!lol  I really like the big intimidating Village sign.