World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

So when is construcution ment to start?

Tuvok

They already started! Contruction of an entrance gate for workers to the buildingsite has begun and the preparing of  groundwork in underway. Picture: Disney Central Plaza

DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

MissTinkerbell

I would love to see it open next year! Crossing my fingers [-o<  Will be following the updates closely!!
Faith, trust and Pixie dust

Disneyland Paris]

Tuvok

Quote from: "MissTinkerbell"I would love to see it open next year! Crossing my fingers [-o<  Will be following the updates closely!!

Opening is scheduled for spring 2012.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

MissTinkerbell

Quote from: "Tuvok"
Quote from: "MissTinkerbell"I would love to see it open next year! Crossing my fingers [-o<  Will be following the updates closely!!

Opening is scheduled for spring 2012.

Then we'll just have to go back for 2013 (going to wdw 2012 for our honeymoon ;) )
Faith, trust and Pixie dust

Disneyland Paris]

sebassah

Cant wait! Even if it is only half as good as the WDW version I would be so happy!

Festival Disney

I'll be glad when that ugly wall of the multiplex has been covered up and when they've removed the rotting wooden fences that line the walkway from the Vinci car park to the Hub! :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

Actually, the grubby fence has gone on the one side...  :lol:

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Great, construction started. I hope it will be a nicer WoDS than the one at WDW. I loved the former WoDS in New York, but the store in Florida didn't have the charme of a nice Disney store, but that's just my opinion.

The design of the DLRP version looks really great and hopefully the inside will look like one of the Parisian department stores.

RiverRogue

The concepts look good; I'm looking forward to see the execution. Don't expect anything resembling a Parisian department store though, neither on the inside nor the outside... That was fans' interpretation of (now obsolete) concept art and not much more.

dagobert

Quote from: "RiverRogue"The concepts look good; I'm looking forward to see the execution. Don't expect anything resembling a Parisian department store though, neither on the inside nor the outside... That was fans' interpretation of (now obsolete) concept art and not much more.

What do you mean with the now obsolete concept art. Will the store not look like it is shown in the concept art on page 5?

RiverRogue

Quote from: "dagobert"What do you mean with the now obsolete concept art. Will the store not look like it is shown in the concept art on page 5?

IIRC the "Paris/Val d'Europe" interpretation was in response to the older concept art on that page, posted by Anthony below the more recent one. I'd say the artwork in Maarten's post has little in common with what you'd consider a typical Parisian store...

dagobert

Quote from: "RiverRogue"
Quote from: "dagobert"What do you mean with the now obsolete concept art. Will the store not look like it is shown in the concept art on page 5?

IIRC the "Paris/Val d'Europe" interpretation was in response to the older concept art on that page, posted by Anthony below the more recent one. I'd say the artwork in Maarten's post has little in common with what you'd consider a typical Parisian store...

Thanks for clarifying.

Okay it doesn't look like a Parisian store, but it doesn't look like a traditional Disney store, too. I like the concept art, since the Disney references are very subtle. There is just a Tinkerbell on top. Maybe they will replace Tinks, since there is already one on top of the DL hotel.

Riebi

Quote from: "dagobert"There is just a Tinkerbell on top. Maybe they will replace Tinks, since there is already one on top of the DL hotel.

I´m sure they will change it to buzz lightyear  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

Quote from: "Riebi"
Quote from: "dagobert"There is just a Tinkerbell on top. Maybe they will replace Tinks, since there is already one on top of the DL hotel.

I´m sure they will change it to buzz lightyear  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Then it gets really confusing, because there would be three Buzz Lightyears throughout the resort.