Virtual Magic Kingdom

Started by Kristof, June 02, 2005, 12:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Disney is now beta-testing it's Virtual Magic Kingdom game.  It's really cool, with lots and lots of references to DLRP!  The castle is almost an exact copy and theres' even a dragon in the basement ;-)

http://www.vmk.com

Recognize that POTC entrance???  Yep, Paris!

flor

I'm so addicted!!  :shock:

Anthony

I had a quick go yesterday, and it was very nice indeed.  Much better than I expected for something you play online - I hope it's a success for them!  :D

flor

The castle looks very much as the Paris version
And Space Mountain is very Jules Verne, exept there's no canon.

Update >>>> Sorry there's one!

Patrick

Ah yes Virtual Magic Kingdom wow you can learn to like it very quickly I have come to notice since I can't stop playing it a lot :D .  Also the Paris references are really cool to see there.  i have to say this is great especially that it's free :D .

Jorien

It looks very nice........but i have no idea what i have to do there. And the buttons on the bottom of the screen aren't working either, can't type anything. Can anyone tell me what you have to do, i really don't get it.  :?

Kristof

Oh yes, I have to same problems sometimes.  Close the game and log in again.  That should help.  The game is still in BETA, so some problems might pop up.

Jorien

Thanks!
Could you also tell me what the purpose is of the game? Is it making your own room the most succesfull of all? Or is it finding the hidden mickeys? Or is there something else? (I already bought a camera for the hidden mickeys)

I have to say that you get addicted by it, even when i have no idea what to do exactly.  :wink:

flor

You have to create your own room. There can you put some furniture by earning credits (find hidden Mickeys, find the Dragon, Esmeralda the fortune teller, Shrunken Ned,..., win the games). And you have to make your room succesfull. But first you have to find the hidden Mickeys.

Jorien

thanks, but i already found out. I'm really addicted to this game now.  :wink:

Nikkibelle18

Wow, the game sounds really cool. I can't wait to start playing! Have to wait 3 hours though  :(

Kristof

When we bought our Golden Mickey Ears, we got our virtual golden ears with it for free...  :lol:

Jorien

LOL!! can't wait to see you there with the golden ears on!  :wink:

Kristof

I was hoping to see you online Jorien when I logged in at the Magic Kingdom, but everyone was asleep I guess.  :)

Jorien

:shock: You were hoping to see me? Oh that's nice! .......how do you know i'm always there? (only not at that time it seems...)  :wink:

By the way, everyone who plays vmk and hasn't been on it for a while, go and see it!!! You really have to. Main Street completely transformed into Halloween street! It looks so amazing! Ánd there are some new rooms open in Tomorrowland and Frontierland (including a haunted mansion room that will lead to the upcoming game!!!!)
I love it!!!