Does DLRP abandon germany?

Started by Riebi, November 12, 2007, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "Soap"Indeed, they should really expand their borders, plenty of money lying around for this kinda expansion! What can be the reason that they aren't already here???
Again, the Dutch market would be to small for that. A Disney Store in Amsterdam might have a chance. Perhaps Disney Stores in other larger cities too, like Rotterdam, Groningen, The Hague. But that's about it. There's no use of opening anymore Disney Stores in The Netherlands.

In my opinion it would be great to keep the potential Disney Stores exclusive. Disney Stores should be special, something you won't find in every shopping mall. Thats like it was intended to be in the 90s.

QuoteI can't see the us Dutch buying things like stuffed animals on a daily base. Sure, the Disney Store in Holland would attract lots of guests, but to actually make profit of the store, they also need to buy items from it.

Would you like to explain on what facts you base your opinion that the Dutch won't buy stuffed animals? Personally I don't believe the Dutch are that different from the French, Germans or English in that regard.

Soap

I agree with Maarten on this, on what facts do you base this??
I know a lot of dutch people who would love see such a store here and would surely buy stuff from it. It should stay exclusive, yes, so only at first in Amsterdam or The Hague (pls there :P)
It's also a good advertisement opportunity for the brand name "Disney"!
They can do adds for all kind of disney related stuff: the global parcs, movies, series, etc etc
So why shouldn't that be the case in Holland????  :roll:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

swity

Yes maybe it should be exclusive, but not THAT exclusive.  :wink:  I think many people would be so happy if a Disney Store opens in Germany again.
It doesn't have to be in every city, but it could open in a few bigger cities like Hamburg, Berlin and Frankfurt.

And Amsterdam would be good, I'm going to take a hoilday there next month, so they should  hurry up  :wink:

Riebi

I thin they should develope a "real" Disney Store Europe concept. The shops  at germany had good selling figures. It was more a political decision of WDC to close the german market.

It shouldn´t be to hard to have a disney store in every western europe capital. Even same with Disney Channel. The german ARD shows good that you can connect diffrent regional tv stations to one big nationwide channel. You can have diffrent presentations, adverts, even broadcasts by having the same time schedules, all controlled by one big connecting centre.

Sleeping about it one night I think it´s an interesting decision that the take the "Axel Springer Digital TV" instead of "Euro RSCG". I ask myself "why?" Could show that they haven´t made first the decision to integrate germany again to their advert-market.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Remco K.

Quote from: "Maarten"Would you like to explain on what facts you base your opinion that the Dutch won't buy stuffed animals? Personally I don't believe the Dutch are that different from the French, Germans or English in that regard.
With the small number of Disney Store opening in The Netherlands (they'll probably never build more than 2 or 3), importing products for it will be pretty expensive. Selling DVDs is useless, since they will be much cheaper at Blokker or Bart Smit just around the corner. Stuffed Disney characters are pretty expensive already in the parks, imagine in a lonely Disney Store somewhere in The Netherlands.

It's not that I'm against the idea of having a Disney Store in The Netherlands, I would even love to have one. I just can't see it work. One or two stores probably won't survive, because they're to expensive to operate. I'm not sure how many Disney Stores there are in France, Germany or United Kingdom, but I have the feeling those countries already have a better distribution system to import the products (because of DLRP and the UK version of Disney Store Online. I'm not sure about Germany though).

Riebi

Germany hasn´t anymore disney stores. They closed them all together cause incomprehensible factors.  :|

Remco K.

Lets give this topic back to the original subject.

I've opened a new thread on the Imagineering forum about a Disney Store in Amsterdam. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4451

Riebi

the penny has dropped, the fog has lifted at DLRP Marketing department! Without any advert campains nobody from germany will come to DLRP! Long time for this perception!

After we were all happy about ONE spot in germany showing DLRP with Barbara Meier
(you can see this older spot here: //http://www.horizont.net/kreation/tv/pages/protected/show.php?id=869)
there is a new one!

I saw it today! This new one is a co-operation with C&A (big cloth department store) showing the 15 Logo all through the advert and saiing that you can find the same magic of DLRP at C & A. I´m excited.

First we have again a new spot after years of nothing (Ok till no real 15. or CCBT advert or something of the Tower but we have something!!!) and then you can find the magic of DLRP at C & A. Should have a look tomorrow in the city. Maybe I don´t neeeeeed anymore to travel sitting just at C & A and feeling like at Central Plaza! :lol:

lil-shawn

QuoteMaybe I don´t neeeeeed anymore to travel sitting just at C & A and feeling like at Central Plaza!

hmm is funny but i don´t think nobody find the real magic at C&A. i go there and make trouble with them when i don´t find the magic there!! :lol:

i didnt saw the advert yet but i will see it hopefully soon!

dagobert

I don't like C&A and I don't buy anything there, but I will go to next C&A store in our shopping center and I will have a look if C&A Austria does also some advertising for DLRP. I hope so.

At least we have the TV spots on Pro7 here in Austria too.

Parkfisch

Quote from: "dagobert"At least we have the TV spots on Pro7 here in Austria too.

You can see German commercials on Pro 7??

Reiana

There is always a good product range of Disney clothing for kids at C&A. But I never found anything interesting for grown-ups except socks  :roll: .

dagobert

@ Parkfish: Yes, I can see the German commercials on Pro7, I don't know why. Most of my friends have the Austrian Commercials.

Riebi

Quote from: "lil-shawn"hmm is funny but i don´t think nobody find the real magic at C&A. i go there and make trouble with them when i don´t find the magic there!! :lol:

:lol: Same here! They will have big trouble in their store if I haven´t my disneyland magic feeling! :mrgreen:

Riebi

I was at C & A. The magic are T-Shirts and advert-banner. You can see in the shop windows a banner of the castle (15. look) then puppets with disney t-shirts and at the windows the 15. Disneyland logo.

There´s also a raffle //http://www.disneylandparis.com/cunda

Hope someone of us get the prize  :mrgreen: