DLRP guided tour

Started by jacko15, November 11, 2007, 07:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacko15

Has anyone been on the guided tour at DLRP. I have thought about it several times but it would be nice to know if it was worth the money. Any help please?
DLRP 97, 98, 2000, 2001, 2003,
2004, 2005, 2006, Jan 2007, Jun 2007, 2008, 2009, Jan 2010, Aug 2010, Jan 2012

Timbo

We went on one a couple of years ago ,whilst very good I didn't really learn very many new secrets as the guide got all her information from the book " From sketch book to reality " .A book I'd spent many hours reading !!!
She did say that every guide has their own take on each tour ,so every tour could in theory be different !!
But overall I would recommend it ,we were the only ones on the tour so could spend the time picking her brains about things I had always wondered about the park !!
Didn't think there was enough in the Studios to make a tour there interesting !

Kristof

And if you're lucky, your tourguide takes you behind the scenes at Star Tours where you can see how one of the simulators works.

Anonymous

I was given a guide in September, complimentary due to personal circumstances while I was there. Although it was more a case of having a castmember spend the day with me, and arranging VIP treatment for whatever I wanted for the day, such as fast access to rides, reserved seating for shows and special meetings with characters.

It was definitely a magical day.

Kristof

The VIP guide can indeed be booked as well, but it's a bit more expensive than a regular guided tour.

Anonymous

I'm curious as to what they charge for this, as I received it complimentary. Do you know the cost?

Timbo

Forgot to mention the backstage Startours visit !! It was good because they take you backstage to get to it !!

Dlrpfan

I took atour at both DLRP and DLR and both were fab! The guides were super friendly and answered any questions that we had and likeraptor said earlyer the backstage star tours part of the DLRP tour was a huge highlight
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

arno-hh

Last time when I was at the Park (August) I asked at town hall if the tour includes a behind the scenes part at star tours or somewhere else, but they told me that there isn a backstagepart (...anymore).

Kristof

Actually there is, but it's not an official part of the tour and when that particular dock isn't in operation, it won't happen.

Flounder

We did both tours back in July 2006. They were really great and we had a lot of fun. Unfortunately Star Tours wasn't operating that time and we simply asked whether we could do that part on a later visit. And you know what? No problem  :D During our next visit we got a real private tour just behind the scenes of Star Tours ... that was really amazing!

Cheers,
Flounder

dlrpdudette

I'm interested in doing this as my mum is going to "give" me this as an 18th birthday present in June.

For those who have done it, how much of the backstage area did you see? (I may love the disney magic, but I love to know how things work!)
July 2001 - Disneyland Resort CA - Offsite ~ August 2004 - DLRP - Santa Fe ~ March 2006 - DLRP - Cheyenne ~ January 2007 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge ~ August 2007 - WDW and USF - Offsite ~ June 2008? - DLRP? - Santa Fe?

Kristof

Quote from: "dlrpdudette"For those who have done it, how much of the backstage area did you see? (I may love the disney magic, but I love to know how things work!)

Only the look behind the scenes at Star Tours, which is from behind a window.  But as stated previously, this is an "unofficial" part of the tour and is not always part of it.

dlrpdudette

That's good to know, then I won't go expecting something I'm not going to see.

Are the any ideas how much these tours cost?
July 2001 - Disneyland Resort CA - Offsite ~ August 2004 - DLRP - Santa Fe ~ March 2006 - DLRP - Cheyenne ~ January 2007 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge ~ August 2007 - WDW and USF - Offsite ~ June 2008? - DLRP? - Santa Fe?

Javey74

Well I was looking forward to going on a tour, next time I get to DLRP, but after reading the previous posts, I'm looking forward even more now  :D/