DLR / WDW | The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Started by Anthony, October 19, 2007, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

However, I do think Disney understand how DLP is starting to embarrass them and negatively impact the brand (pirate ship anyone?). There is a possibility of a gift, or loan like Space Mountain.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"However, I do think Disney understand how DLP is starting to embarrass them and negatively impact the brand (pirate ship anyone?). There is a possibility of a gift, or loan like Space Mountain.

BeDay from Micechat.com claims that Space Mountain is owned by WDI and leases it to DLRP:

Maybe it is possible for TWDC to re-invent the draconic solution that was made up for Space Mountain in Paris. Actually Space Mountain is not a Disneyland Paris attraction but is owned fully by Walt Disney Imagineering and is also payed for by WDI. DLRP leases SM from WDI. Nevertheless, these kind of solutions will give DLRP an unlawfull competitor advantage to other parks. Plus debtholders will be upset necause they are left with the debt which ED is still not able to pay.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-p ... paris.html

CafeFantasia

Even if WDI were to gift Disneyland Paris several large attractions such as the Little Mermaid and Splash Mountain, would Disneyland Paris have the money to maintain them? I mean, they seem to be struggling to maintain everything that currently exists in Disneyland Park. If they had more attractions to maintain, surely they would be struggling even more. It would be more of a burden than a blessing.

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan"Even if WDI were to gift Disneyland Paris several large attractions such as the Little Mermaid and Splash Mountain, would Disneyland Paris have the money to maintain them? I mean, they seem to be struggling to maintain everything that currently exists in Disneyland Park. If they had more attractions to maintain, surely they would be struggling even more. It would be more of a burden than a blessing.

That's a good point. DLRP struggles to maintain the parks, but without any new rides people get tired of DLRP and will not return. New festivals each year will not help to improve attendance. And cheap additions like TSPL is definately not what I expect from Disney. Maybe TWDC realized that Disneyland Paris needs help and that they shouldn't neglect the resort. It is still a Disney resort, even if it isn't fully owned by TWDC, and the public doesn't differentiate between Disney and Euro Disney. For them it is the same company.

Don't you think that Star Tours II would be a better choice. I'm sure it's cheaper and it can also be promoted as a new attraction.

davewasbaloo

I would far prefer Star Tours or Indy or Splash, but since the majority of people Disney market to eat up the character stuff, I think Mermaid would have a draw.

dagobert

After all I think DLRP will not get Mermaid, Indy, Splash or Star Tours II. DLRP will come up with new meet and greets and Central Plaza shows, but no new ride. Maybe Ratatouille turns into reality in the next years. It would at least be a huge improvement over TSPL.

davewasbaloo

Sad, in the meantime, Europa Park just announced a new hotel for next year that looks like it is going to best the Newport Bay, sounds quite exciting. and little old Legoland Windsor opened their amazing new Atlantis Sub Ride (hotel opens next year). Efteling announced their new water show next year and a dark ride the year after. Phantasialand is in major expansion mode too. As is Parc Asterix and Alton Towers. Universal Studios Orlando is expanding for those that want to travel further. DCA, WDW, Tokyo, Hong Kong.

DLP is getting left behind. They will have to do something. At least though, the refurbs are looking great.

But if I had to spend additional money to go to DLP (our villa means we will return), I would be going to these other places instead.

New EP hotel:

http://presse.europapark.de/lang-en/m35 ... d7617.html

BTW - the EP hotels are destinations in themselves.

SM:M3

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Sad, in the meantime, Europa Park just announced a new hotel for next year that looks like it is going to best the Newport Bay, sounds quite exciting. and little old Legoland Windsor opened their amazing new Atlantis Sub Ride (hotel opens next year). Efteling announced their new water show next year and a dark ride the year after. Phantasialand is in major expansion mode too. As is Parc Asterix and Alton Towers. Universal Studios Orlando is expanding for those that want to travel further. DCA, WDW, Tokyo, Hong Kong.

DLP is getting left behind. They will have to do something. At least though, the refurbs are looking great.

But if I had to spend additional money to go to DLP (our villa means we will return), I would be going to these other places instead.

New EP hotel:

Whats happening at Phantasialand, do you know?
But Alton Towers have said SW7 will be a thrilling ride, and although 13 increased guests, no UK park will ever challenge DLP seriously for two reasons; Merlin have a total monopoly in the UK, and its more difficult to get to a UK park than a European one for someone on the continent. Plus if I said to someone on the street have you heard of Efteling, Phantasialand or Europa Park I'd get no, no and no. If I said have you heard of Disneyland Paris, they'd most likely tell me they had been there. Which is kind of sad really.
And just to throw it out there, I don't think TLM would be a good idea for Paris, the film came out in 1989 and to be honest has most likely been forgotten. WALLE however, that would make some amazing rides. :idea:

dagobert

Thanks for the link. The hotel does look great, although it is just a model on the picture. DLRP also needs a new hotel. Last year they had 83% hotel occupancy and there is not much room to grow. It's not possible to have more than 90%, because you can't allocate people so that all rooms would be used.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the link. The hotel does look great, although it is just a model on the picture. DLRP also needs a new hotel. Last year they had 83% hotel occupancy and there is not much room to grow. It's not possible to have more than 90%, because you can't allocate people so that all rooms would be used.

well, to be fair, their existing awesome hotels look exactly like their models.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "SM:M3"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Sad, in the meantime, Europa Park just announced a new hotel for next year that looks like it is going to best the Newport Bay, sounds quite exciting. and little old Legoland Windsor opened their amazing new Atlantis Sub Ride (hotel opens next year). Efteling announced their new water show next year and a dark ride the year after. Phantasialand is in major expansion mode too. As is Parc Asterix and Alton Towers. Universal Studios Orlando is expanding for those that want to travel further. DCA, WDW, Tokyo, Hong Kong.

New EP hotel:

Whats happening at Phantasialand, do you know?
But Alton Towers have said SW7 will be a thrilling ride, and although 13 increased guests, no UK park will ever challenge DLP seriously for two reasons; Merlin have a total monopoly in the UK, and its more difficult to get to a UK park than a European one for someone on the continent. Plus if I said to someone on the street have you heard of Efteling, Phantasialand or Europa Park I'd get no, no and no. If I said have you heard of Disneyland Paris, they'd most likely tell me they had been there. Which is kind of sad really.
And just to throw it out there, I don't think TLM would be a good idea for Paris, the film came out in 1989 and to be honest has most likely been forgotten. WALLE however, that would make some amazing rides. :idea:

Phantasialand (after this new Maus Chocolate ride) are building another coaster and a rumoured dark ride in the Mystery Area.

AT - there is a non thrill being looked at for Alton Towers. Merlin do have the monopoly, but Drayton Manor is starting to gain some ground now.

I am no fan of the Little Mermaid movie, but I am sure the ride would resonate very well. I am guessing you do not have a little girl. In my daughter's school, they all seem to love Ariel.

dagobert

I have seen your pictures of the hotels and they do look fantastic. Maybe DLRP's hotels would be a little bit more themed when Imagineers instead of famous architects would have designed the hotels.

IF Disneyland is getting a ride from TWDC, then it can only be a copy of an existing one or of a ride that is currently under constructio, because it is cheaper than creating a new one. TLM would be perfect, because it fits into Fantasyland and twenty years ago there was already a TLM ride envisioned for DLP.

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I am guessing you do not have a little girl. In my daughter's school, they all seem to love Ariel.
At 17 I should hope not :!:  :shock:
I didn't realise it still was that popular, says something about the newer films though. I knew about [strike:1218chhc]blatant Rat knock-off[/strike:1218chhc] I mean Maus au Chocolat, but I never knew about the new coaster. Thrown a bit of a spanner in the old trip plans  :?

dagobert

By the way why doesn't ED SCA try to get a sponsor for a new ride, especially for ST II. There is also no sponsor of attractions for the the DCA expansion. Did Disney stop asking other corporations to sponsor a ride? Even at WDW and DLR there are no new sponsors.

When DLRP opened there were so many companies sponsoring attraction. I have just looked at TDR and there nearly every big ride has a corporate sponsor.

Only RNRC got a new sponsor.

Quote from: "dagobert"By the way why doesn't ED SCA try to get a sponsor for a new ride, especially for ST II. There is also no sponsor of attractions for the the DCA expansion. Did Disney stop asking other corporations to sponsor a ride? Even at WDW and DLR there are no new sponsors.

When DLRP opened there were so many companies sponsoring attraction. I have just looked at TDR and there nearly every big ride has a corporate sponsor.

Only RNRC got a new sponsor.
I suppose they don't want other companies having their logos everywhere. Also isn't Star Tours currently sponsored by IBM? Plus it seems in recent years Disney have been getting rid of sponsors anyway, there was the big thing with getting rid of all the Mcdonalds branding worldwide.