Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A&S&O

The studios isn't bad, it just has bad bits in it that let the whole park down.

Armageddon.
The studios tour (we know what it used to be like, it would be interesting to know opinions of people riding it for the first time).

There's lots of open space that looks as though there should be something in it. There's lots of places where things are crammed in on top of each other too.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

samuelvictor

I definitely agree about the open spaces & layout issues, but I imagine that a lot of this will get improved by the extra money & attention to detail afforded by the recent restructuring. Its clearly a park still in development (or at least expanding) but this does fit with the movie studio lot feel... (Having spent a lot of time in real film studios, stuff is always fluid & spaces are regularly repurposed).

As for the tram tour, we first went on it in 2011 and you could tell that bits were missing by the video commentary talking about stuff that is not there, (the costume section for example) and occasionally when we visit certain effects are missing from Calamity Canyon, but as a family it's definitely in our top 5 attractions. We go on it many times every holiday. The fact you can just sit in a bus (Don't care what anyone says, it's not a 'tram'!) and ride through various cool looking, large scale sets is just really cool! In our last trip, the video & sound systems were vastly improved, so at least the major problems of our visit before were fixed. Sure, a new video and some new props to see along the way would be very welcome, but we still really enjoy it & my kids seem to never get bored of it. If we spend a day in the studios they'll always ask to go on it at least once in daylight & once in the dark... It's also sparked a a real interest for them into Dinotopia and Reign of Fire... (Thankfully not Pearl Harbour!)

Ruby Dawn

I really enjoy the "tram tour" as well, I've ridden it about a dozen times and it's never boring, it gets my imagination fired up. I especially love the London scene. I've never ridden it in the dark, I might give that a go next time.
I do seem to recall a time when it passed a building where people could be seen making costumes or is that just a strange dream I once had!  :o

DisneyManiac

Quote from: Ruby Dawn on July 09, 2015, 04:37:54 PM
I really enjoy the "tram tour" as well, I've ridden it about a dozen times and it's never boring, it gets my imagination fired up. I especially love the London scene. I've never ridden it in the dark, I might give that a go next time.
I do seem to recall a time when it passed a building where people could be seen making costumes or is that just a strange dream I once had!  :o

Nope your not dreaming, there was a Costuming Department that the tram would go past, however I think either the route was changed or the building was demolished. However there is a sign that still marks where the building was.

I do like the soundtrack fro the Studio Tram Tour, very calming.

never2old

The costuming department is still there, it's hidden  by the Parisian street decor in the Place de Remy. If I remember right it's behind the Chez Marianne shop

Fever

Anyone know why the water effects on this ride are so hit and miss? The mop, and champagne effects seem to get me every 1, out of 3 rides. Additionally, the heat effect and scent need to be far more apparent. If you didn't know they were there, then you's miss them completely.
Welcome foolish mortals

Joey

Quote from: Fever on September 08, 2015, 01:53:21 AM
Anyone know why the water effects on this ride are so hit and miss? The mop, and champagne effects seem to get me every 1, out of 3 rides. Additionally, the heat effect and scent need to be far more apparent. If you didn't know they were there, then you's miss them completely.

I would definitely agree with this. Out of the 4 times that I rode, I think I actually felt the spray of the champagne bottle once. Didn't really feel anything from the heat either.
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York