Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadKid

Quote from: "|Q|"and so it begins =)

https://twitter.com/#!/ParkZone_es/stat ... 96/photo/1

(i've found the link on DCP)

I can't wait for them to start the construction! :)
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Timwatch

According to Disneycentralplaza there is a new construction permit next to the building site that CONFIRMS a restaurant!

They better have a kickass ratatouille dish!  

What do you think they will call it? Gustaus or Rataouille?

DopeyDad

I think the rumour is it will be a less formal 'rat' restaurant rather than Gustaus, not sure where I heard that now but it probably makes sense to make sure the space is accessible to all tastes while still being special. If the ride follows some kind of 'shrunk to the size of a rat' idea it could be fun if the restaurant did too don't you think?

davewasbaloo

I am hoping the restaurant will offer a little more chic table service experience that is desperately lacking in the Studios. DLP has 4 very good to awesome table service restaurants and WDSP has none (the closest being Rendevous de Stars, but I would never rate a buffet very highly). WDSP is desperate for a quality table service offering.

In WDW, after Epcot, DHS has the very best restaurants in their resort (other than the hotels). I would hope WDSP would aspire to as well.
since 2001 (many before that)

lorrig

I agree with Davewasbaloo. We leave the park entirely to have lunch and then come back afterwards as we like to have a nice meal at lunch time( we usually visit late November and it's nice to warm up and have a rest with our young children) We don't eat at fast food outlets and so far the only lunch time buffet we would consider is the Agrabah. WDS is desperately needing a table service restaurant and we were hoping for some nice French cuisine as this would fit in with the whole theme.

CafeFantasia

Without getting too off-topic, the one table service restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios that really stands out to me, is the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. Disney should bring this restaurant to Paris, but give it a Pixar Cars theme and put it inside the Costuming Building, just opposite Cars Race Rally.

davewasbaloo

Funny you should say that, as it was in the original WDSP master plan to bring this restraurant to Paris. DHS has the sublime Brown Derby, the very fun Sci Fi Dine In and 50's Primer Time Diner, and the ok Mama Melrose, as well as the ABC Commisary, many counter service and stands.

WDSP has an ok buffet, two very poor counter service, a rarely open (with minimal capacity) diner and lots of those aweful food vans. On a Studios day, we often go to Annette's or the Steakhouse for lunch, when really we would like to stay in the studios for a full day. I am hoping they will do something where we can have a civilised couple of hours sit down as a family.
since 2001 (many before that)

CafeFantasia

I think I suggested this before, but what if Disney moved Annette's Diner out of Disney Village and into the Walt Disney Studios Park? If the Backlot area of the park was re-themed to the 1950s, Annette's would fit in beautifully.

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Alan"I think I suggested this before, but what if Disney moved Annette's Diner out of Disney Village and into the Walt Disney Studios Park? If the Backlot area of the park was re-themed to the 1950s, Annette's would fit in beautifully.

Or that's where they could place the Sci-Fi Dine In (minus the cars theme) as the waiters also serve with skates!

Timwatch

I love the Sci-Fi Diner in DHS. It transports you right back in time. But i'm pretty happy with this restaurant. The food in WDS is  extremely bad!!! So i'd love to have a rat infested restaurant like at the end of the movie, i'll also accept a stuffy french restaurant. Really any restaurant will do! No more small soggy half cold pizzas. (If you've had them you know which ones I mean)

captain rocket

i would guess it will come down to what makes the most money! The studios do desperately need a good restaurant, we always go into the studios AM and then leave at about 14.00 to eat in Disneyland Park, I like to sit down and be served my meal at least once a day when I am away, not relying on poor quality fast food, god we pay enough for our food at Disney, surley some of the options should be "upmarket"

|Q|

on DCP user Jack Skellington posted pictures of permits to modify the costuming buildind (including demolition of the tram tour awning)

it comes from here: //http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t25732p820-attraction-et-restaurant-ratatouille-au-parc-walt-disney-studios-2014-photo-de-chantier-page-35

Q

peter

That makes it look like the shop may be in the costume building then.

|Q|

Quote from: "peter"That makes it look like the shop may be in the costume building then.

the voice in the street says it will host toilets and fastpass distribution, and the empty space for a future shop.

Q

BadKid

A restaurant? Great idea!
Will there be a gift shop?
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)