Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

And a new attraction gets the green light!
http://www.dlrptoday.com/2012/01/12/rat ... ttraction/
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

JelleP

What a wonderful day! Thanks ford perfect :)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Epcot_Boy

To all those who predicted 2014 I tilt my hat to you =D>  8)

David

spicy

So construction will commence 13th April 2011?

Either the image is old from when construction was originally meant to commence or someone's written it wrong.

ford prefect

that was when the permit was originally granted

spicy

So is this an image of the original permit or a totally new permit using the original permits date?

Also if they already had a permit to construct Ratatouille since April last year surely this picture doesn't actually confirm that construction is about to start?  :?

ford prefect

I am not familiar with French building regulations, however I would guess that following on from the planning permission granted last year the permit granted at that point would then need to be displayed at commencement of works and throughout the duration.

I would be happy to be corrected if anyone has more authoritative knowledge than my guesswork!

Columbiad

Get that Rumour bracket off this topic immediately, and break out the Champagne and Ratatouille! :D :D

MissDisneyisMagical

this is such good news im looking forward to this ride
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

BadKid

Yay!
*starts jumping for joy*
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Anthony

Quote from: "ford prefect"I am not familiar with French building regulations, however I would guess that following on from the planning permission granted last year the permit granted at that point would then need to be displayed at commencement of works and throughout the duration.

I would be happy to be corrected if anyone has more authoritative knowledge than my guesswork!
Mick77 and Mouetto on Disney Central Plaza have just provided a few useful details. It seems posting the permit, as an intention to commence work, begins an appeals period which lasts 2 months 7 days. So provided no-one objects to a Parisian-styled building hidden deep within the resort (apparently no-one objected to RC Racer being seen across the fields?), then they should be good to go sometime in March.

Apparently they could finish clearing the land before then - much of it was cleared after Toy Story Playland was built, but they left quite a few old trees in place in the middle, presumably to prevent opening up some ugly sightlines in case the attraction was shelved.

If we don't see any action on-site before then, hopefully the whole thing will be clarified in the first quarter revenues announcement on 7th February or even the AGM on the 17th.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

On that thread over at DCP Jake Sully mentions that the permit is valid for 2 years and construction must start within that time. Do you know if what they have done so far counts as having started and if for some reason it doesn't start before April 2013 how long a new application would take to process?
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Anthony

Presumably, if they've only just posted the construction permit, then they haven't officially started. There was a separate planning permission obtained some years ago to clear a part of the forest for Toy Story Playland and this ride, so they will have only been acting upon that thus far.

An extension to the planning application could be granted if needed... hopefully that won't be needed!

Also interesting: Alain Littaye on Disney and more suggests the project title of "Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity!". So they might have successfully managed to come up with a name that's even harder to say with a French accent than "Crush's Turtle Twister" (try it). A French name would be nicer, anyway. Calamité Cuisine?

CafeFantasia

"Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity". Now there's a stupid name. They might as well call it "There's A Rat In Mi Kitchen" and bring in Ali Campbell and the rest of UB40 to officially open it :-)

mattboywonder

Quote from: "Alan""Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity". Now there's a stupid name. They might as well call it "There's A Rat In Mi Kitchen" and bring in Ali Campbell and the rest of UB40 to officially open it :-)

LOL - tho I quite like the name.  i can see it already being referred to as RKC
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008