Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

So that's John Lasseter, Tom Fitzgerald and, is that Lisa Girolami in the denim jacket?

Anyway, it's great to see this group of American talent at the Walt Disney Studios park. Hopefully they'll come back after Ratatouille is done and sort out Production Courtyard and the Backlot :-)

Josh

I've clearly got a long way to go in Disney fandom, because I've got no idea who they are. XD

So are they imagineers in a very senior position?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

CafeFantasia

Imagineers in a very senior position? Well...

• John Lasseter - Principal Creative Advisor
• Tom Fitzgerald - Executive Vice President, Senior Creative Executive
• Lisa Girolami - Senior Show Producer and Director

I identified another face. The lady to the left of John Lasseter in the first photo is his wife Nancy.

peter

Does this mean ratatouille is go

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"So that's John Lasseter, Tom Fitzgerald and, is that Lisa Girolami in the denim jacket?
That looks like Chrissie Allen, another Senior Show Producer. She seems to be quite involved with WDS. I spotted them last year on the opening day of Toy Story Playland, watching and taking photos as people walked in:

Not sure who the other two guys are there - anyone know?

CafeFantasia

Ok, so the guy on the right with the beard and the royal blue shirt, is Roger Gould. He's Pixar's Creative Director for Theme Parks. You can see him talking in the Imagineering Pixar for the Disney Parks panel discussion, which was held at the D23 Expo back in 2009:

[youtube:2lv7w90h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRkHqVZHwg[/youtube:2lv7w90h]

And the lady, ah yes Chrissie Allen, Senior Show Producer of Toy Story Midway Mania. I recognise her from the 8 minute segment Blue Peter did on Toy Story Playland last year:

[youtube:2lv7w90h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3owg0eiK3c[/youtube:2lv7w90h]

Josh

Yep, they sound like very senior roles. XD Did they also work on the Toon Studio expansion?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

disneylandparisgirl

How do disney normally make big announments?

Do Paris announce things in a different way to the other parks?
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

Josh

It varies. I'll see if I can find an article on DLRP Today from when TSPL was announced...

*looks*

Oh yeah. The first time we got any confirmation from Disney was via a leak before construction began (August 2009). I think we've reached a similar stage now. As for when it was officially announced, it was one month later in an official document.

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/09/22/off ... n-details/
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"Ok, so the guy on the right with the beard and the royal blue shirt, is Roger Gould. He's Pixar's Creative Director for Theme Parks. You can see him talking in the Imagineering Pixar for the Disney Parks panel discussion, which was held at the D23 Expo back in 2009:
Oh wow! I saw him reappear later on the Toy Story Playland opening day, through the gate into the Ratatouille construction area. He was with someone else and stopped to point out the bollards with the chef hat motifs, saying something like "we did these..." and pointed up to the covered-up Gusteau. (Which I'd forgotten all about!)

As for announcements, with TSPL it became a running joke that they hadn't announced it even as construction began and those "The Toys are coming" ads appeared on the construction walls. Euro Disney SCA have an odd approach to new investments. They appear to be incredibly worried that at the moment of hearing about any "new attraction" every single visitor will immediately postpone their visit. That's possibly true for some people, but I'd prefer to think the affinity/interest created by following an expansion project is worth more: See DCA. If I wasn't a fan already, I know I was when I stepped up onto that viewing platform at the future WDS entrance back in 2001, and subsequently became an avid follower of what was going on.

But especially since Ratatouille will be coming (at least) a year after the actual 20th, which they'll want all the focus on, I'd be surprised if it's anything but a very muted announcement. Would love to be proved wrong...

dejmurph1

Hi folks, I recently emailed DLP and asked about upcoming additions and upgrades, ST2 and POTC, this is part of the reply received from disney. Fairly standard and not saying a whole lot that we don't know but I'll post it for what it's worth,

We are constantly looking at ways to enhance the experience at Disneyland Paris, considering new entertainment and adventures. Last August, we opened Toy Story Playland in the Walt Disney Studios® Park with three new attractions. This summer, the entertaining show The Tarzan Encounter is back in the Disneyland Park for all our fans' satisfaction.

We are also contemplating several new development projects. These projects are at different stages of maturity and subject to administrative and financial agreements. At the moment, the company has decided not to communicate further on any specific development. We hope you can understand why we cannot give you any additional information on the projects you mentioned.

We however actively communicate on our products and new assets. This season, we have launched the Magical Moments Festival, with a dedicated website as well as an intense and diversified communication strategy all over Europe, which highly participates in our presence in the press and the media.

As you know, our 20th Anniversary will be a major milestone for us. You may have noticed that we have been working for several months now on rehabilitating our most iconic assets in anticipation of this extraordinary celebration and to welcome our guests in a sparkling Resort.

Although we won't be opening any new attraction, we will certainly wow our guests with new experiences and festivities that will provide unforgettable moments for everyone.[/i][/b]

Columbiad

Hmm.... I suppose the key phrase there is "won't be opening any new attractions."

peter

on the plus side, the pr people have very good grammar...?

Anthony

Quote from: "Columbiad"Hmm.... I suppose the key phrase there is "won't be opening any new attractions."
Well, they won't be opening any next year. If we're talking about 2013 for Ratatouille at the earliest, it won't be technically included as a "20th" attraction yet. You never know, the 20th might only last one year. It's not a given that it'll roll-over and absorb any 2013 additions, like the 15th did with Tower of Terror.

What an excellent reply, by the way! I wonder how many questions they get about future additions - whether they have this as a standard reply, or typed it especially?

Josh

Why do I get the feeling that we're all going to mass email them to find out? :P

Anyway, if they aren't going to carry on the 20th anniversary for an unusually long time, I'm not sure what they could do for a themed year. Another New Generation Festival? The rat festival? :P They could have a food year; that would be interesting.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]