Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Meph"One thing I'm confused about, though, is that the plans show that the ride will be built next to the costume building... But isn't the costume building redundant now, so what will it be used for?
The costuming (Imaginations) building is the main Cast Member building for the parks and the workshop that could be seen from the tram tour is still in use. There have been rumours that this small part of the building could be used for a shop or something as part of the ride, but it's not confirmed.

Important to read this line: "At one time we were hearing the attraction would feature everything from a trackless ride system to 3D glasses and ride-in projection screens, whilst it's impossible to count how many times the ride has been "green lit", according to various sources, when in fact Euro Disney SCA have apparently still yet to agree its financing."

Euro Disney SCA confirmed they're working on it, I don't think they definitely confirmed it'll get financed and built (though it surely will at this point - it's more a case of when).

dagobert

I just read on DCP that Disney has registered Ratatouille as a trademark. Since my French isn't the best anymore, I searched here:
http://bases-marques.inpi.fr/Typo3_INPI ... liste.html

Marque :  LA RATATOUILLE

Classification de Nice :  43

Produits et services

* 43  Services de restauration (alimentation) ; hébergement temporaire ; hôtellerie ; réservation de chambres d'hôtel ; cafés-restaurants, caféterias, cantines ; services hôteliers ; réservation d'hôtels et de restaurants ; restaurants libre-service ; services de traiteurs ; maisons et centres de vacances ; bars (débits de boissons) ; centres d'hébergement ; location de chambres ; bistrots ; salons de thé.

Déposant :  DISNEY ENTERPRISES, INC., Société organisée selon les lois de l'Etat du Delaware, 500 South Buena Vista Street, CALIFORNIE 91521, Burbank, US

http://bases-marques.inpi.fr/Typo3_INPI ... ml?index=1

At least the restaurant is moving forward, although the description sounds more like a hotel.

CafeFantasia

You know there is actually a restaurant (non-Disney) called Le Ratatouille, very near Disneyland Paris? It's located at Hotel Des Deux Parcs. Here it is on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 13078&z=17

CafeFantasia

What if they build the restaurant and Parisian themed exteriors BEFORE the ride? Wouldn't that be a good way to make progress on the project, if they can't actually afford to build the ride right now?

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan"What if they build the restaurant and Parisian themed exteriors BEFORE the ride? Wouldn't that be a good way to make progress on the project, if they can't actually afford to build the ride right now?

I thought the same and I think it would be a smart move, because a nice table service restaurant is really needed at WDS.

Do you think there is a chance that Disney will transform the Manhattan Restaurant and rename it La Ratatouille? Maybe this registration isn't for WDS?

Anthony

I don't know when or why this happened, but the bollards now have a white band around them:

It does look good, highlights the Chef hat detail a little more.

Sorry if you were expecting some more exciting news. :P

dagobert

I expected some more exciting news, since you had that meeting on Friday. :)

But this picture is also fantastic, because I have never realized that there is a chef's hat on top.

pussinboots

So they covered up Gusteau to make the Ratatouille thing less obvious, and added this white strip to make the Ratatouille thing more obvious. Makes sense.

|Q|

On some italian forum they were linking this sketch from pixiedust.be:

does it make any sense? someone knows where does it come from?

Festival Disney

It definatley makes sense, fits with the other plans seen for the attraction. But this shows more detail.
Just imagine this one rotated slightly

I like the sound of an Eiffel tower, but I hate to think what it'll look like next to RC Racer...
Glad they're adding new toilets! haha :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

peter

it sounds more interesting now. glad there's some new toilets, the area is actually huge isn't it.

Josh

But that seems strange to me. Wouldn't the ride be on the opposite side? There's more room behind it for the ride.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

JelleP

To me, it looks more like a fan-made sketch rather than an official sketch from DLRP, but I might be wrong...
And when I see the things on the sketch, I hope I am ;-)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Hathaway Browne

^I'm with you, that sketch does seem like its a fan's drawing.

Most Imagineers could probably draw the plan better than that (and I'm not trying to sound mean when I say that).
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

Josh

I think the drawing is just a basic visualisation of what the person who drew it was told. That said, I'm doubtful of it, too. :?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]