Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

Pixiedust shows that construction fences have gone up!
//http://pixiedust.be/DLP%205%20oktober%202010%20147.jpg
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

CafeFantasia

I could be wrong, but I believe those blue construction fences have been there since Toy Story Playland opened. So, nothing new.

Martyn

Didn't a pic get posted a while back showing all diggers etc in the are where Rat is being built...?

sebassah

Quote from: "SM:M3"
Quote from: "sebassah"Wow... that cant be good for the trees... or kids...
Are you suggesting that children would eat rust? If a parent let their kid do that then it serves them right. Anyway rust isn't harmful at all (unless you eat it) so a bit of a wire brush and some paint will solve that.

Well I think there are many ways possible for a kid to touch it and later by accident sticks that same hand in its mouth. A a teacher I've seen kids do weirder things.

You are right on the fixing part, it should be easy.

Anthony

This topic has been a bit quiet lately. Let's solve that...

Source: skyam, Disney Central Plaza

Makes me wonder: Will the ride be built around the those trees, or are they for the chop? Because if they go, then it'll open up the whole area far too much -- you'll suddenly have a clear view from Parachute Drop right along the route of the tram tour and over to the backstage offices behind Frontierland.

Festival Disney

If they do chop them down, I'm sure DLP-I will come up with a nifty solution for those offices! "Studio 10" anyone? :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Anthony

That little island of leftover trees seems to almost match the green space in the middle of the plan we saw a while ago:

Could there be a little Parisian park outside Gusteau's? The trees are a bit big, though...

JelleP

I'm not sure, but I think they would have removed those trees a long time ago if they were not going to use them...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Martyn

Quote from: "Anthony"That little island of leftover trees seems to almost match the green space in the middle of the plan we saw a while ago:

Ya think? Firstly I'd say that little area infront of them trees is about the same shape as that green patch. And secondly, them trees are in the middle of that 'construction' site. Its going to be very small if they dont cut them down.

I always imagined this area was literally just going to be the front of the ride/restaurant, similar to standing outside Pirates.

CafeFantasia

So what's the current status of the Ratatouille ride? Has it been delayed? Has it been cancelled? Is it on hold? When will construction re-start? Will it be open by 2012?

|Q|

painful wait T___T

andrewuk

They are still talking about it over on DCP and work could be starting up in March. Everyone expects it to happen, we are just getting twitchy waitng for an announcement or a crane to appear!
//http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard.net/t18906p300-future-attraction-ratatouille-au-parc-walt-disney-studios

Certainly Monsieur Gas doesn't seem to have too much interest in building new attractions but they have to do something big for the 20th and there's nothing else being seriously talked about. So I guess we just wait.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

peter

i don't think this can be ready for 2012, maybe 2013, but for a disney attraction, they've left it too late. maybe they'll pretend dlp's 20th is in 2013 so that they have something new.

Anthony

Quote from: "peter"i don't think this can be ready for 2012, maybe 2013, but for a disney attraction, they've left it too late. maybe they'll pretend dlp's 20th is in 2013 so that they have something new.
We've been assuming (providing it goes ahead) the opening will be in very late 2012 or 2013 already. It'd be similar to how Tower of Terror opened 22nd December 2007 and was inaugurated in April 2008, extending the 15th Anniversary over two years. For DLP, being able to say "it's our 20th Anniversary!" is enough of a draw for 2012, they won't feel the need to play this valuable card at the start of that year.

LittleMonster

Has the construction of this ride started or is it just a rumour?