Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuvok

Isn't just about everything related to Ratatouille a rumour? There's is nothing official, so please keep posting these interesting quote's, andrew! ;-)
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

andrewuk

Thanks Tuvok, live long and prosper! A bit more on Ratatouille from the latest disneyandmore blog. I just hope that Ratatouille will more than make up for the very underwhelming TSPL.

Quote from: "disneyandmore"In my previous update i told you that the park did a financial plan which was sent to the banks and that everybody was waiting for its approval. Although nothing official has been announced yet it seems that the attraction is on good tracks and Glendale and DLPI Imagineers should begin to work soon on the project for a 2012 opening. A Paris themed area is expected and may be a Ratatouille restaurant which would be perfectly logical as the restaurant is almost a character in the movie

I hope that 'on good tracks' isn't a double meaning, we want to be trackless!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Kristof

Some interesting information, it seems Ratatouille isn't  planned for the 20th anniversary in 2012 at all, but instead for 2013.  They want to recreate the 15th Anniversary effect.

dagobert

Quote from: "Kristof"Some interesting information, it seems Ratatouille isn't  planned for the 20th anniversary in 2012 at all, but instead for 2013.  They want to recreate the 15th Anniversary effect.

Is there something else planned for 2012 instead of Ratatouille and does that mean they made a decision to build it for sure?

luke85

Interesting... Earlier on I wondering to myself when we might hear some more info about this attraction. I would still love for something to be in the pipeline for 2012, but surely if there was to be a new attraction, we would have heard about it by now?

Tuvok

Quote from: "Kristof"Some interesting information, it seems Ratatouille isn't  planned for the 20th anniversary in 2012 at all, but instead for 2013.  They want to recreate the 15th Anniversary effect.

That's interesting indeed. Untill now I thought that the roadmap would be as followed (based on rumours):

2012: Ratatouille (WDS)
2013: Star Tours 2.0 (DLP)
2014: The Little Mermaid (DLP)

Since Ratatouille is now pushed back to 2013, will Star Tours 2.0 be the 2012 attraction? That would be a whole lot 'cheaper' to re-built and considering the current financial state of the resort...
Or will they have a surprise for us? Oh let's say, something called Splash Mountain perhaps?  :wink: Whishful thinking ofcourse, but hey, we can only hope, right? Then again, that would mean we get two major E-Ticket rides in a two year span. That ain't gonna happen!

Wednesday we will know more... (Combined General Meeting @ CineMagique).
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Kristof

Quote from: "dagobert"

Is there something else planned for 2012 instead of Ratatouille and does that mean they made a decision to build it for sure?

I'm afraid only Ratatouille is 100% certain, all the rest is just rumours...

dagobert

At least Ratatouille is certain and for me doesn't matter if it will open in 2012 or in 2013 as long as it is a great D or E-ticket attraction that is very well desingned.

Kristof, do you know if the rumoured restaurant will also be built?

Maybe DLP will receive an addition in 2012, although I highly doubt it.

Kristof

I'm afraid I have no information about the restaurant or shop.  As soon as I find out more, I'll post it here right away. ;-)

luke85

Let's hope if they add a restaurant to the Ratatouille area, that they add some toilets too. There aren't enough in WDS!

Martyn

QuoteA Paris themed area is expected and may be a Ratatouille restaurant which would be perfectly logical as the restaurant is almost a character in the movie

A parisian area in the Studio's park..... Meh?

jwagner

Is it now 100%ly sure that there will be this attraction???
and if so, will it be built behind the "costume building" or where this building is now? :?:

netjack

Quote from: "dagobert"At least Ratatouille is certain and for me doesn't matter if it will open in 2012 or in 2013 as long as it is a great D or E-ticket attraction that is very well desingned.
That is different to what I have heard.

As far as I have was told, it is only 100% certain that California/WDI is working on the detailed design of a Ratatouille Darkride, but it is not certain if it will really be built.

It went past Blue Sky, there are people working on the details of how it would be built it, but there is no financial approval to really built the ride, yet.

Kristof

Netjack, depends on when you heard this... ;-)

netjack

Don't remember the exact date, but it was at some point by the end of last month. Maybe 2 Weeks ago.