Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byron-james

So looking at the plans I can see the restaurant, toilets, queue area and fast pass machines but where is the merchandise store? I'm sure there was talk of a shop, unless that was just early rumors.
Disneyland Paris - 1996
Walt Disney World - 1998
Disneyland Paris - 2011
Disneyland Paris - 2012
Disneyland - 2013?

|Q|

Quote from: "DisneyManiac"Um, yeah! That Gusteaus, well if you have looked at the concept art, it shows the Gusteaus sign in the background.

Yes, it looks like it will be on the roofs in the background, like the tour eiffel in epcot's france.

Quote from: "DisneyManiac"EDIT - It was 5 stars then dropped down to 3, there is only one Gusteaus.

Yep, but if you saw the movie you know that despite being the same place, they're two pretty different restaurants. Gusteau's 5 star it's a a temple of cuisine, while skinner's 3 stars it just an exploit of the Gusteau brand name, a "tourists restaurant".

My point being, i totally see why they went for the La Ratatouille instead of Gusteau's

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "|Q|"
Quote from: "DisneyManiac"
Quote from: "DisneyManiac"EDIT - It was 5 stars then dropped down to 3, there is only one Gusteaus.

Yep, but if you saw the movie you know that despite being the same place, they're two pretty different restaurants. Gusteau's 5 star it's a a temple of cuisine, while skinner's 3 stars it just an exploit of the Gusteau brand name, a "tourists restaurant".

My point being, i totally see why they went for the La Ratatouille instead of Gusteau's

Oh so Gusteau's is chain of restaurants, I remember the advertising posters in Skinner's Office.

|Q|

Quote from: "DisneyManiac"Oh so Gusteau's is chain of restaurants, I remember the advertising posters in Skinner's Office.

Nope, it's a line of frozen foods

//http://pixar.wikia.com/Chef_Gusteau's_Frozen_Foods

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "DisneyManiac"Oh so Gusteau's is chain of restaurants, I remember the advertising posters in Skinner's Office.

Nope, it's a line of frozen foods

//http://pixar.wikia.com/Chef_Gusteau's_Frozen_Foods

Oh, now I get it!

DisneyManiac

Wait a mo! There is only one Gusteau's Restaurant, it was a 5 star but degraded to a 4 star after a negative review from Anton Ego, the food critic. Shortly after, Gusteau died of a broken heart which reduced the restaurant to a 3 star. Then Skinner took over and started a line of frozen foods which you mentioned under the image of Gusteau.

ed-uk

It's awhile since I saw the film, but didn't Colette, Linguini and Remy open their own cafe called La Ratatouille at the end of the film, couldn't the attraction restaurant be based on that ?
It seems the restaurant wont be based on Gasteau's restaurant.
Ed & David

|Q|

Quote from: "ed-uk"It's awhile since I saw the film, but didn't Colette, Linguini and Remy open their own cafe called La Ratatouille at the end of the film, couldn't the attraction restaurant be based on that ?

This. But from the blueprints it will be the rat part of the restaurant. With giants props and stuff, like the ride.

ed-uk

Quote from: "ed-uk"It's awhile since I saw the film, but didn't Colette, Linguini and Remy open their own cafe called La Ratatouille at the end of the film, couldn't the attraction restaurant be based on that ?

This. But from the blueprints it will be the rat part of the restaurant. With giants props and stuff, like the ride.
Sounds like fun, can't wait to try it.
Ed & David

Atlantica14

I know it's a but soon, as it hasn't even opened yet (!) but do you think this will be as popular as the other Disney dark rides? Im not a fan of the movie myself, so holds no interest for me, but just wondering if it will be as beloved as the others are ? Suppose, as with anything, will take time.

hawian rollercoaster

what month is it due to open .

Samninetysix

We took this pic on 23rd August

When we peeked round the fence it looked fantastic, the detail and theming is just incredible

DisneyManiac

Guess what? Some of the scaffolding has come down! Check out the result: https://twitter.com/InsideDLParis/status/379700261763436545/photo/1
Very good theming! Cannot wait! Plus there's shutters! Just stunning!

Kristof

The Disneyland Paris Facebook page just revealed the first official visual for Ratatouille which shows the ride vehicle design!

Looks nice and stylish, taking inspiration from the movies end credit visuals.

The official name has been revealed as well:  "Ratatouille : L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy"

[attachment deleted by admin]

SGregory27

Looks great. but when will we know exact opening date?

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL