Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

|Q|

According to many sources it WON'T be on 2 levels. But no official word yet.

Q

perrollaz

What actual rides are on two floors? Is Haunted Manison considered as two floor ride?

gldc

Quote from: "perrollaz"What actual rides are on two floors? Is Haunted Manison considered as two floor ride?

Pirates of the Carribbean and Peter Pan are to give just two examples. Haunted mansion definitely takes up at least 2 floors - notice the initial climb and then the drop backwards part-way through and then into the graveyard.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Magic M

Phantom Manor's stretching room takes you down several metres to a basement show-stage beneath and behind the train tracks.

|Q|

"Disneyland Forum" posted on facebook a pic showing that works on the former costuming building have started.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Q

|Q|

And the big crane... is gone!

Thanx to InsideDLParis on twitter https://twitter.com/insidedlparis

Q

Rocketeer

Not followed this for a while, its certainly coming along nicely. Looks like its going to be a lovely part of the park.. probably the nicest part this side of Front Lot. ;)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

vdBurg

Definitely a great addition to the studios, from a certain point of view it could be considered as the counterpart of Cars land over at DCA (of course smaller due to the financial situation of the resort): Both feature promising E tickets with a theme that resembles the host state/nation (Cars land resembling Californias route 66 and Ratatouille resembling Paris/France). Where RSR is a new twist on Test Track, Ratatouille will be a new twist on the Pooh's hunny hunt ride system from Tokyo. Both are meant to improve the (struggling) 2nd gates of their respective resorts. Can't wait to finally see what WDI has in store for us in Paris.

Labyrinth

Progress looks good :)
Can't wait to see the finished ride & area
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

Rocketeer

I know its the norm for the resort, but it still amazes me that they've not at the very least officially announced this, even if it was just a press release.

Other resorts love to entice people with the prospect of new additions months if not years in advance. I just don't see the point of not acknowledging the construction.

In short... I want concept art!! ;)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

vdBurg

Quote from: "Rocketeer"I know its the norm for the resort, but it still amazes me that they've not at the very least officially announced this, even if it was just a press release.

Other resorts love to entice people with the prospect of new additions months if not years in advance. I just don't see the point of not acknowledging the construction.

Same here  :)  

On the other hand, Mr. Gas has unofficially confirmed the ride... So if only he'd 'accidently' leak some concept art aswell everything'd fine with me ;)

|Q|

I hope in a preview display at next D23.

Q

Deff

Quote from: "Rocketeer"I know its the norm for the resort, but it still amazes me that they've not at the very least officially announced this, even if it was just a press release.

Not officially announcing stuff like this actually makes a lot of sense. in the 2012 and 2013 seasons they have the anniversary / dreams to market to the crowds. Once that's over they can market a major new ride for 2014. This way people keep coming back and they avoid people postponing their stays until something new comes out.  Imagine if you knew for sure that Dreams would still be showing in 2014 together with the new ride, a lot of people planning to visit in 2013 might be tempted to postpone their visit until 2014...

Kristof

Finally an official announcement at the Annual General Meeting! No confirmed opening day yet though.

QuoteDuring the group's annual shareholder meeting on 28 February, Euro Disney Chairman Philippe Gas announced plans for the continued development of Disneyland Paris, with the addition of a new attraction based on the hit Disney/Pixar movie Ratatouille.

'Our new family-focused Ratatouille attraction, which is scheduled to open in 2014, symbolises all of the creativity, innovation and emotion that guests associate with a Disneyland Paris experience,' Gas said.

Set to open in Walt Disney Studios Park, the attraction is part of the group's long-term commitment to investing in high-quality guest experiences. That strategy has been fundamental to strengthening the appeal of the multi-day destination, which achieved record-breaking attendance of 16 million visits in 2012.

This unique attraction will take guests into the world of the Oscar-winning Disney/Pixar movie Ratatouille which tells the tale of Remy – a talented young rat who dreams of becoming a
renowned French chef. Disney storytelling and stat e-of-the-art technology will come together in this romantic, larger-than-life, Parisian experience.

'By developing this new Ratatouille attraction, we continue to ensure our guests can experience their favourite Disney stories in memorable ways that only Disney can provide,' Gas said. 'The theme, which is very français, is a tribute to our capital and the unforgettable characters that make Ratatouille the ideal choice for an attraction that fits perfectly at Disneyland Paris.'

Read the full press release here:

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CO ... cement.pdf

15MagicalYears

Glad it's finally confirmed, although we are still none the wiser on details..