Villages Nature — New leisure/accommodation (Now Open)

Started by Kristof, October 11, 2007, 01:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoffD

Is this like a Center Parks thing then?

Sounds good anyway

Alpop

So, are they buying additional land to the existing land currently owned to do this project. Or will the current free land be used up?

Kristof

Alpop:

QuoteAll the land needed for the development will be bought in addition to the already existing Davy Crocket Ranch.

:wink:  

So they won't be using existing Disney property, with the exception of Davy Crocket Ranch.

Alpop

The empire is expanding Mwah Ha Hah Ha HA HA!

Captain Pan

This sounds so cool.

Question to those in the know unless I am incorrect and I might be, this expansion would be another step toward Euro Disney's contract with the French Government to construct 18,200 hotel rooms by 2017 which if my maths is correct would be the Silver Anniversary of the Resort?

QuoteWikipedia
At the time of the opening in April of 1992, seven hotels collectively housing 5,200 rooms had been built. By the year 2017, Euro Disney, under the terms specified in its contract with the French government, will be required to finish constructing a total of 18,200 hotel rooms at varying distances from the resort.

ICHAPMAN

Hi,

Does anyone know is 2010 still a date being aimed for, for the 1st stage of the project?.

Has they actually started work on it?.

Regards

Iain

Alice@Wonderland

I hope they connect the new villages and existing Davy Crocket Ranch via shuttle bus or something similar to the main Disney Resort. Every family driving back and forth individually is hardly environmentally friendly!

Anthony

There's nothing going on here, is there?

Owain

My guess the way with the economy and all, that this plan has been put on hold ?

Kristof

Yet another design for Les Villages Nature has been posted on the official Val d'Europe website:

Link to article on valdeurope.com

Captain Pan

It looks well... Green and Watery...

is there anything going on with the development of the site?
Considering that its scheduled for 2010... its getting a bit close now...

experiment627

Good to see that this project has not been completely buried yet.

Though I really doubt that we will see phase 1 opening next year... (if ever)

djdisney

Quote from: "Alice@Wonderland"I hope they connect the new villages and existing Davy Crocket Ranch via shuttle bus or something similar to the main Disney Resort. Every family driving back and forth individually is hardly environmentally friendly!

Maybe from Les Villages Nature there will be a river that will lead to Disneyland Park (where there may be a third entrance) So a water taxi so there are not as many cars

phantom247

What I heard from a trusted source is there is most likely to be an evening water Show of some sort presented nightly when this development opens the water area.  Also there will be low impact environmental buses or Trams connecting with the resort and Val de Europe.

djdisney

oh okay

I would of thought that they would of somehow linked Lake Disney to Les Villages Nature and then boats could go up and down takings guests to and from Disney Village?