Villages Nature — New leisure/accommodation (Now Open)

Started by Kristof, October 11, 2007, 01:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

For the latest info, see: www.villagesnature.com

"Les Villages Nature" is a unique project by Euro Disney SCA and Pierre et Vacances.  Spread over 4 themed "villages" the area will consist out of vacation houses for rent or sale, hotels, apartments and cabins. 

Ecology will be one of the key elements: from protecting the existing forests and country side to using green energy.

All the land needed for the development will be acquired in addition to the already existing Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch.

The 4 themed villages:

» Water: The first village will be themed to a harbour town with lots of waterbased activities, including a geothermical heated pool.

» Earth: The second village is an homage to the French countryside and agriculture.  Activities include craft courses, farm animals and workshops around ecology.

» Sport: All kind of sports can be practiced in the third village: golf, tennis, horseback riding, climbing, cycling, ...  But also relaxtion and health centres will find their spot here.

» Forest: The Forest Village will be no other then Disney's Davy Crocket Ranch.  Besides the refurbished cabins, the area will also house a new lodging possibility: high up in the trees!  It will most likely be the only area in Villages Nature operated by Disney.

The first phase of the plan (Water & Forest villages) is expected to open in 2010.

Important: The Villages Nature project is not the third theme park.

Concept art and logo copyright Village Natures.

Nicholas-c

sounds interesting
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

WDI1992

I thought it was a good idea from the beginning and having seen quite some conept art I think it will look great, only hope it's not going to be 'Too much' of the same... then again Euro Disney SCA. in combination with Pierre et Vacances, it can only come out well! Theming-wise aswell as finishing and quality.  :)
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

ford prefect

a question that may have been asked before:

where will these parks be located (exclude the forest park obviously!)
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Kristof

It will all be build behind Davy Crocket Ranch, as you can see on the the overview concept art.  It will be 520 ha big and stretch over 3 towns: Bailly-Romainvilliers, Coutevroult and Villeneuve-le-Comt.

Crush_Love

that sounds really cool  :wink:
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

Nala_84

Wow, that sounds great :)! Especially for a nature-addict like me ;)!

So will it also be possible to stay there at an hotel like at one of the Disney hotels? Or like the Selected hotels?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Disneyana

The new lodging possibility high up in the tree sounds very interesting for me.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

The Butlin Boy

Sounds good :)

Owain

Sounds great !  :)

pjulie75

It looks amazing, I wonder if the water part will connect to any of the parks/other hotels via canals?   When we stayed in WDW at Port Orleans we could get a water taxi to Downtown Disney and it was great. Some of the others hotels connect via a lake.  A really nice touch.

Kristof

Quotethe water part will connect to any of the parks/other hotels via canals?

No, but an environmental friendly transportation system is considered to connect the parks with les Villages and Val d'Europe.

pjulie75

Sounds really interesting, I will look forward to hearing more info

-breeno-

Sounds interesting :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

After reading the title, I thought this was just going to be a garden with some bushes and pretty flowers, but obviously it's going to be a lot more than that! Sounds great :D