Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Started by lil-shawn, October 07, 2007, 12:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burntsienna

I'd like to see how this forth film turns out.
Johnny Depp has confirmed to be returning as Captain Jack for a forth film E new just stated, but no mention of any other characters returning.
I hope that some do return...won't be the same with out them, like Gibs and maybe even Barbossa.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Anthony

I'm trying not to get too excited about this rumour, because there's a 99.9999% chance it'll never happen...
QuoteScoop: Tim Burton Might Direct Pirates 4

Big, big news on the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie, courtesy of one of our most reliable tipsters. Our proven informant (who we're forced to keep anonymous) wants you to know the following info should be taken with a "grain of salt and a dose of pepper," things are still in motion, but here goes anyway. Wondering how they're going to make a whole Pirates movie with just Jack Sparrow? Or who else might return? Read on!

Most excitingly, there are talks of Captain Jack having a brother in the next movie, possibly to be played by Sacha Baron Cohen (perfect!) or Russell Brand (even more perfect!) Of course, that's probably just fantasy casting, but why would either of those comedians turn the role down? As we've mentioned before, the new movie might kick off a trilogy, which would revolve around Captain Jack's search for the Fountain of Youth.

Geoffrey Rush and director Gore Verbinski are apparently both planning to return, but... and this is a big maybe... Tim Burton might direct instead. Tim Burton! If there is a single director who could make people excited for a fourth Pirates movie, it has to be Burton. He's done so many amazing movies with Depp already, and might have the ability to make the new franchise as fresh and exciting as it was when the first movie came out. After all, Tim Burton is already making a movie for Disney, and if Alice in Wonderland is going well, you can see how they'd want to hang on to him

Again, this information is all up in the air, and could change at any moment. But still, this is the best news we've heard about the next Pirates movie, and pretty much the magic bullet it'll take to make most of us care. Russell Brand, get on the phone with your agent, and make this happen!
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Scoop-Ti ... 10465.html
...but just imagine it - the world of Pirates of the Caribbean, directed by Tim Burton! :shock:  :shock:

never2old

Whoa  :shock: . That would be incredible. Not that I think it will really happen (really sounds too good to be true) but Captain Jack AND Tim Burton?? Could it get any better than that??

peep

I highly doubt any of those rumors are true but if they are, omg, this film would be covered in awesomeness.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

Quote from: "never2old"Whoa  :shock: . That would be incredible. Not that I think it will really happen (really sounds too good to be true) but Captain Jack AND Tim Burton?? Could it get any better than that??

It does Sound too good to be true... And I would love it if it did work out with that..

BUT:

Go Over all recent Depp/Burton Films there's an Actress who Always gets a role (She is Connected to Mr Burton via more ways than one) Helena Bonham Carter...

Lets Look not going to far back:

Corpse Bride (2005):
Depp as Leading Man, Carter as Leading Lady... Brain Child Of Burton

Charlie & Chocolate Factory (2005):
Depp as leading man, Carter as Mrs Bucket... Brain of Burton (Hands of Dahl)

Sweeny Todd (2007):
Depp as leading Male Carter leading lady... Brain of Burton (Hands of Sondhiem)

Alice In Wonderland:
Depp As Hatter, Cater Rumoured as Red Queen... Brain of Burton (Hands of Carroll)

Not that I don't like her... I just don't see what she could bring to the PotC table that Tia Dalma or Swann brought to it for the first 3... and hopefully HPs: 7 & 8 will tie her up!

Riebi

Radio Energy (German radio station) reports that there will be a Zac next to Jack. Zac Efron now in Cinema at HM III has signed a contract with Disney.  

:arrow: //http://www.energy.de/portal/news/2008-10/zacefronalspirat/
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Nicholas-c

Pirate of the Caribbean 4 starts shooting on Spring 2010.

Quote"Comic-Con is in full swing at this point, and ComingSoon.net got a surprise interview with Disney's Head of Production Oren Aviv where we talked about the genesis of some of the projects they were showing at the con, though we did have a lot of questions about future Disney plans as well. One of the movies that's still on the forefront of everyone's mind is the fourth installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean." Producer Jerry Bruckheimer told us a few weeks back that they were working on a script, but Aviv and Disney are definitely on board as we learned when we discovered that they have plans to be rolling film on the movie as early as next year.

"We're going to shoot 'Pirates 4' in April and May of next year," Aviv told us during our interview. "We are going to release it hopefully in 2011 is the plan." He said that this time they would only be doing one movie this time that would "hopefully be the first of another trilogy."

"It's important to get the story right and it's important to me to scale it down, because we can't get bigger," Aviv admitted. "The movies have subsequently gotten bigger and bigger and very complicated and they were satisfying on so many levels obviously, but I want to kind of reboot the whole thing and bring it down to its core, its essence, just characters." He agreed that there is a lot of Captain Jack Sparrow's back story that we haven't seen yet without confirming or denying that we might see some of that in the fourth movie. Still no word on whether Gore Verbinski might come back for the fourth movie."

It seems we are a go, However without Gore Verbinski it may be a little different from previous...

However... Cpt Jack backstory seems good, Although the mystery and confusion about his existance is what make him what he is...

I think i will wait and see... ;)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

peep

Hmm, they must be very happy with the script so far then if they already have April/May down for filming.

Depp is going to be a busy actor next year as he also confirmed at Comic con that he will be filming next year for Burton's next film.

I love the sound of them scaling it down etc, a lot of peeps don't like the sequels because they were too big and confusing. Not sure I like the sound of a second trilogy though. It would also be interesting to see who would direct if Gore doesn't return.

Anthony

The "second trilogy" comment worries me too. I'd much prefer it if they approached Pirates more like the current Batman and Spider-Man films, just taking and making each as it comes but then really making it BIG.

These forced trilogies have surely been shown to bore an audience.

Can't wait for POTC4 though, especially if it's more of a singular Captain Jack adventure film. Let the guessing of the lengthy sub-title begin!!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Anthony"Can't wait for POTC4 though, especially if it's more of a singular Captain Jack adventure film. Let the guessing of the lengthy sub-title begin!!

How about if they take a leaf out of the Harry Potter Franchaise?

POTC4 : Johnny Depp and the Big Fat Paycheck !!!

Say NO to Quadrilogies, unless they're directed by Sam Raimi

(N.B. In case there are any English scholars in this Forum, I am fully aware that the correct term for a grouping of 4 films is not a Quadrilogy. If I could remember what the correct term was, instead of the made-up word first used for the Alien boxset, then I would use it. If you happen to know what the word is I am searching for and feel compelled to belittle me by telling me, then by all means keep it to your self. Thank you  :wink: )

Pete's Dragon

Gore Verbinski stepped out of the captain's cabin for Disney's fourth Pirates of the Cariebbean film, but Variety's BFDealMemo blog suggests the studio may have a new helmer in Rob Marshall. Unless things break down at the last moment, Marshall will be steering the pirate vehicle's next installment. Marshall has three big features under his belt: Chicago, Memoirs of a Geisha and Nine, to be released later this year.

Variety reports that Disney has already started to cast some of the new characters that'll appear in this installment, so if Marshall's deal goes through we should hear many more details about the film quite soon.

peep

That's a random choice of director. Will be interesting to see how this one develops.

Pete's Dragon

Yeah but Gore Verbinski was hardly a straight forward choice to direct a Disney inspired action film that was being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. Gore's previous films were The Weather Man with Nic Cage, and the american remake of J-Horror hit The Ring

peep

Lol, very true.

peep

The title of the 4th film has been announced at D23 Expo!

It will be called Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Sounds intriguing, I want to know more! Depp says he is also unconfirmed to making a return to the franchise but he would be up for it if he is asked to!

They have also stated the film is to be released in 2011 (better get the topic title changed :P)

Source: Hitflix.com