Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Started by lil-shawn, October 07, 2007, 12:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

I think it would be nice to have a P4 but will this then mean 5 +6? i meen thers barely any films that stop at a forth - most continue to 6
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anonymous

To be fair, most films stop when they stop being profitable.

Where do you get 6 from? The only series which had 6 films was Star Wars, and that was always envisioned as a 6 or 9 film series, depending on which of George Lucas' interviews you believe.

In his early interviews, during the original trilogy, he often talked about episodes 7, 8 and 9 - but there was never really a story attached to them.

In more recent interviews, he's always said that 7, 8 and 9 was just an idea that he had to bring everyone back when they were older, but it was only ever really had a plot for 6 movies.

Grumpphil

I think Pirates would be greatly improved by losing Keira Knightly.  She was good in the first 2 but there was far too much of her and nowhere near enough Jack in the last one which I actually found boring in parts having previously been a HUGE pirates fan.  A lot of it seemed to have no point to it.

I presume she had such a huge part to keep the men happy but DH actually fell asleep in the cinema then couldn't be bothered to stay to watch the end when he woke up.

EmoK

If they did do a 4th POTC I really wouldn't miss Kiera Knightly, infact, the film would benefit from her leaving.

I'd also heard rumours that Orlando Bloom wasn't going to agree to number 4.

I'm unsure what to expect of number 4.

I'm not expecting a great deal, mainly because CJS role in the plot seems to get smaller and smaller with each film...also there would probably be a MASSIVE amount of hype over nothing...like the whole Kieth Richards thing, who ended up with a whole 5 minutes of screen time.

hmmm.

Number 3 was dissapointing. :?

[/url]

penfold12

I loved the series, but three was a major  let down. Its time to go out on a high without spoiling the brand...

Anonymous

Quote from: "penfold12"I loved the series, but three was a major  let down. Its time to go out on a high without spoiling the brand...

If three was a major let down, wouldn't they be going out on a low?

:?

penfold12

Creative low, Box office high. It was the highest box office take world wide for 2007. But surely if a 4th was made so soon, then that box office take would not be so good after the creative mess that was the 3rd film....

mehdi5

I was thinkingthe other night would besides the normal release a Imax 3D release also work? i thought it would be really cool if done right, anyone else think it might work?

Anthony

There's an article on the BBC News site about future Disney projects, which leads with the loud headline "Fourth Pirates 'in development'" but then fails to really tell any more except "If realised, Johnny Depp will reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7635376.stm

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Anthony"There's an article on the BBC News site about future Disney projects, which leads with the loud headline "Fourth Pirates 'in development'" but then fails to really tell any more except "If realised, Johnny Depp will reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7635376.stm

I find the BBC site awful for news, nothing on IMDB yet so i wouldn't get any hopes up :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

never2old

Well, they were talking about it this morning on Sky News.... And saying that Johnny Depp was dressed up as Captain Jack, with the Lone Ranger mask, during the Disney Studios Showcase.... And they said was that Depp had agreed with Disney to do a 4th POTC movie. So really, unless something goes very wrong, all we need now is a release date!

peep

It was an article on totalfilm.com too. Basically Disney held a press conference with Jonny Depp and announced he will be in the 4th film, they haven't announced a breif plot or anything like that but fingers crossed its good.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

Pirates of the Caribbean made it to #371 in that Empire magazine Top 500 films of all time, and they pretty much summed up the sequels:

"Remember when the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise wasn't misguidedly obsessed with character depth and darkness, and was just plain old fun?"

They were definitely quite misguided in turning it into a kind of all-or-nothing, everyone-could-die trilogy. The best parts of the sequels for me were Cannibal Island (2), the Wheel of Fortune (2) and Jack's weird time in Davy Jones' Locker (3). The second half of At World's End is spectacular but incredibly, painfully drawn-out and over-emotional.

I've still not forgiven them for killing both Elizabeth's dad and Norrington. Not to mention the little boy pirate. I don't watch films like Pirates of the Caribbean for tragedy like that.

MinniesBestPal

The first was good, the second started to get a bit weird, and I wasn't really fond of the third at all...

Whatever happened to good old fashioned sword fights? Now its all ghosts and curses...

Whats next, vampires joining in?

Some bits were quite funny though! a few of my favourite lines...

"You may throw my hat... Now go and get it!"
"Look! *shoots cage* An undead monkey!"

mehdi5

As good as i thought POTC 1, 2 and 3 we're i would suggest Disney and Bruckheimer to focus on new movies and franchises like Prince of Persia instead of making sequel after sequel.