Trip pictures May 05-06

Started by Kristof, May 07, 2005, 03:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Check out our latest trip pictures, including: Mary Poppins and Clopin, Sleeping Beauty float, Mount Olympus scene, new Mission 2 frame, new screens in Videopolis, bizarre creatures in Disney Village and more!!!

http://www.photosmagiques.com/trip/05_0 ... /index.php

Jorien

Hey great pictures. I've never seen these characters in the park. And geez, what a crowd already. Hmm, i know it will be even more crowded in high season  :( , but that it's already that busy now.... :shock:
Nice to see all the changes they made, like the new screen in videopolis, and the "new" emporium.

Thanks for showing them!

Jorien  :D

Anthony

I didn't even know you were going to DLRP again!  :o

Lovely photos, those ones with the flowers and the castle at the start are superb.  The queues being full is a good sign, but it's also bad - those people will have a bad impression of the park.  It should hopefully mean higher guest numbers and less financial losses at the end of the year, though.  :)

The new Emporium looks really nice.  I'm not too sure about the colour - it really clashes with the floor now - but the layout looks so much better.

Those Space Creatures in Disney Village are a very cool idea.  That's exactly the kind of thing they need there to make Disney Village more family friendly and less hostile.  It's usually all about pushing and shoving and watching your bag, but now it's starting to become much nicer.  :D

Thanks for the photos!  :wink:

Disneyana

Thank you for that wonderful photos! Now that I saw them I can't no longer wait for my trip to DLP. Only 10 days left !  :lol:  The pics of the flowers are very nice, can't wait to see it myself. Nice that Clopin and Mary Poppins were there. I like the new style of the Emporium much more than the old one. And there is a nice new pin area.  :wink:  The only thing I'm shocked of are the crowds.  :shock: That's unbelievable, it's low season. Allright it was a holiday, but that it was so crowded the day after the holiday too ?!  :shock:  I really hope it will be different in 10 days.  :wink:  :D
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kristof

The fastpass line was on a certain point going up to the main entrance of Videopolis.

flor

POTC: 45 min
Phantom Manor: 45 min
SM:M2: 200 min
Peter Pan: 120 min
Mad Hatter's Tea cups: 45 min
BTM: 150 min
Indiana Jones: 75 min

Sweet Laker

These are waiting times i can remember of the first time i went to DLRP. About 9 years ago. Since then i saw the waiting times decreasing everytime i got there, but since my last trip, April '05, its improving again.

I'd rather have a crowded, but wealthy DLRP, as an empty and money needing DLRP.  :P

flor

Indeed.
And for us the attractions aren't that important.
It's fun to do them, But if it has a queuing line that is too crowded, we can skip it. We've already done all the attractions. so give a chance to first timers.

And how much persons in the park, the better for the Disney fans --> more money --> more entertainment,... ;)

Disneyana

Yes allright it's good for DLP when there are coming so many guests. Because this means they will come out from their money problems. But for someone like me, who can visit DLP only one time a year, or maybe just one time in two years, it's very frustrating when you have such long waiting times on every day. Because I'm of course very interested in the attractions. So I hope that when I'm there, 2 days will be not so crowded and 2 days will be crowded. That would be great for me and for DLP.  :lol:

flor

And make use of FastPass as many times as possible. I hope for you that the queuing lines at the FPentrance won't be as long as it was with us last week.
I'll keep my fingers crossed ;-)

Disneyana

Thank you !!  :)  :wink:  Yes I will of course use the Fast Pass, but sometimes I like to use the normal waiting line, just because of the good theming. For example at Indiana Jones or BTM. But if waiting times are more than 30 minutes I will use of course the Fast Pass.  :wink:

Jorien

How bad will it be in August do you think? So crowded that you can hardly walk?..... I hope not! :?
*Why was i so stupid to plan a trip in August again? Oh, i know, because of Wishes and Fantillusion*    :wink:

Jorien  :D

Disneyana

I just know that almost every country will have holidays in that time. So be sure it will be very crowded than. I can remeber a year when I was there just as high season was over. And they still had the waiting lines at almost every attractions put out outside of them. So, yes it will be very crowded, but I'm sure you will have fun however it's crowded or not.  :wink:  :)

Jorien

You're right about that! I won't let it spoil my time at dlrp. Just being there again is already very good. The attractions i know already, so i don't have to do all of them, just my favourites. And i'm especially going for Wishes and Fantillusion and the whole atmosphere around it. So i had to go in high season this time.  :wink:

Jorien

flor

we went to DLRP 2 years in a row 1-4 August. And it was crowded, but not too crowded. So I think it will be a pleasant stay. (I'm sure of that: especially with Wishes and with Fantilussion when you don't need any bag to sit on, no gloves to wear, no scarf for that cold air,... ;))