What would you put in?

Started by experiment627, January 13, 2004, 05:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

Okay fellows,

what exactly would you put next into the Walt Disney Studios? And why?

flor

an extra rollercoaster instead of the television tour. The studios needs some more adrenaline.

Anthony

Toontown or Toon Studios, because the park desperately needs a hugely themed area and also something else for the kids.  This would also be nice because i'd like to have more traditional Disney rides in the park such as a dark ride, and rides featuring Animatronics.  :o

experiment627

Quote from: "flor"an extra rollercoaster instead of the television tour. The studios needs some more adrenaline.

First, this building is home to the Disney Channel France - and is a modern facility specially built for that purpose... I don't see them ever replacing that.
Second: more thrills?!?!?!?!?!? I mean, have you ever visited that park?!?!?!? There are already many, many thrills: Catastrophe Canyon, Armageddon, Cyber Space Mountain, Rock'n'Rollercoaster and Moteurs... Action!...

Quote from: "Baloo"Toontown or Toon Studios, because the park desperately needs a hugely themed area

I'd love to see Toontown... this is such a wonderfully insane place...

But I just don't seem them adding any major new area to the park - and I guess they shouldn't.
Think about how empty the Studios already are. More walking space is certainly not needed, even if they attracted about a million more guests each year thanks to Toontown.

Also, I think before moving on to Phase Two of the Walt Disney Studios, they have to finish PHASE ONE!!!!  :!:
There are so many gaps in that park - that just shouldn't be there (like the huge gap between CinéMagique and Disney Channel or the one over at Animation Courtyard...).

But I agree with you on two things: they need something that the whole family can enjoy and something very Disney (even Jay Rasulo once said during an interview that guests always want more "Disney" - and that's pretty much still lacking at the Studios).

So, I'd propose to use that chunk of land between Art of Disney Animation and Flying Carpets of Agrabah to put in a dark-ride. Not any dark ride. No, a dark ride which actually blows you away. Something that puts Walt Disney Studios onto any theme park enthusiast's map. Something that proves that Disney still "got it".
And which ride would that be? Well, some rumours have claimed that Buzz Lightyear might turn up there. However, this is Disney's Animation Courtyard and in my oppinion, it just doesn't feel right to have an attraction devoted to a Pixar movie in that particular spot...

So, my vote would go to that one ride that Imagineers tried to get into almost every Disney theme park ever since the opening of Euro Disneyland: "The Little Mermaid".
This is classic Disney. There are many animatronics in it. It's a wonderful "fantasy-experience". And the whole family can enjoy it together. And the movie is very much loved.

The building could be designed in art-deco like the rest of the park - it would also be easier (=cheaper) to maintain than Triton's Castle like they have in Tokyo (we should acknowledge to save some Euros in a few spots...). But don't go cheap on the inside. This ride *has to* be a hit (just like "ToT" has to be a hit for DCA - if not even more).

I think this ride would be just amazing and it would finally complete Animation Courtyard...

After that, they should turn their attention to the Production Courtyard... then maybe "La Terrasse" (even though I think "Tower" would be misplaced here... maybe "Philharmagic" would work here - or an exhibit devoted to the latest movies and / or Walt Disney...). ...

And after having finally completed what should have been there on Opening Day, they can turn their attention to any new areas they want to build...

Wow, that was long  :D

Libby

Call me old fashioned buuuut I'd love to see the Back to the Future simulator!  That ride is just wicked
Libby
xxx

experiment627

Quote from: "Libby"Call me old fashioned buuuut I'd love to see the Back to the Future simulator!  That ride is just wicked
Libby
xxx

...and an attraction at Universal Studios  :)

Kristof

Well, I don't think an extra thrill could harm the park.  They already profile it as a teenager park...

experiment627

Once again: there are already enough thrills.

And one more thrill would - at this moment - actually harm the park: the balance is already off and families can't do much together at that park (but that seems to be a general problem with recent Disney).

You don't have the fix the park on the level on which it is already working...

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"I'd love to see Toontown... this is such a wonderfully insane place...
But I just don't seem them adding any major new area to the park - and I guess they shouldn't.
Think about how empty the Studios already are. More walking space is certainly not needed, even if they attracted about a million more guests each year thanks to Toontown.

I think you're right.  They aren't ready for ToT and they aren't even ready for a new land yet!  Plus, now i think about it i don't think that area in Animation Courtyard would be big enough for a proper Toon Town that would do the theme justice (to put it more simply - i think they should make the most of the fantastic Toon Town theme and put this in a larger space when it is the right time to build it).

The Little Mermaid Dark Ride

Well, that was a long post but definately worth it; you made some very good points.  Although i don't think a Little Mermaid dark ride would attract that many people to WDS, i do think that it is something they need to add if they want to make this a good park.  At the moment the park is definately lacking something along the lines of POTC or PM, so i agree that TLM dark ride would be an excellent choice.  As you said it would also complete Animation Courtyard and when the crowds of guests come pouring in for ToT (after a few more attractions, obviously) it would provide a great ride for kids to go on whilst their older brothers/sisters are in the tower...

So basically you have definately persuaded me that a new land should not be built in that space in Animation Courtyard.  Now i think about it i don't know why i ever thought it would because that space should be such a part of Animation Courtyard and any land built there would just be too much like a "land within a land" which isn't what Toon Town deserves.  So thanks for taking the time to write that!  :wink:

Now all we need to do is give DLRP a lot of money and tell them what we want them to do with it!  :wink:

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"At the moment the park is definately lacking something along the lines of POTC or PM, so i agree that TLM dark ride would be an excellent choice.  

Thank you very much. I always enjoy it when people agree with me.  :wink:

QuoteNow all we need to do is give DLRP a lot of money and tell them what we want them to do with it!  :wink:

Well, I don't know about you... but I'm giving a lot of money to Disney on a more or less regular basis.  :wink:
Maybe next time I buy pins I'll insist that they use this money for a new attraction.  :wink:

I think / hope that any new ride will be built within the next two years... However, I don't see any major expansion like ToT or ToonTown or whatever coming in this decade...

Kristof

Well you asked:

Quotewhat exactly would you put next into the Walt Disney Studios? And why?

and I prefer a thrill ride!  Why?  I personnaly don't care for a playground for children younger then 10 years old or so...  But ofcourse, they need to attract more families...

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"I personnaly don't care for a playground for children younger then 10 years old or so...  But ofcourse, they need to attract more families...

But you do understand that, at the moment, there's just no point in putting in yet another thrill ride, don't you?

Kristof

ofcours, but I was just saying I prefer thrill rides personnaly  :D