Was it worth bringing out jack sparrow

Started by disneyspells1, September 11, 2007, 11:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyspells1

When we went to dlp in may we went to where jack sparrow was supposed to be and he was never there!  Our hotel had him booked in for one night, and he hardly wanted to sign autographs or hae photoographs taken.  Not been interested in Pirates of the caribbean so is Jack Sparrow supposed as pathetic as the one we met?

RocketBabyDoll

I don't like him too much either (prefer real pirates  :P ), when we saw him he nearly pushed us into a bush.
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

Disneyana

I don't like him too. I don't know, but he's supposed to be a copy of the perfect interpretation of Jack Sparrow from johnny Depp. And this is quiet impossible.  :wink:  :cry:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

WDI1992

It all depends on which actor you meet. Of course the actor has to look and act like Johny Depp, also meaning he has to be a bit like 'yeah whatever', but some are more interactive then others (which will always be the case with characters, none are the same). I quite like the way how some actors interpret Depp's Jack Sparrow though...
Him almost pushing guests into the bushes and not being interested in being on pictures is mostly part of the act... then again it just depends on how realistic you bring it, it can be funny but some people might think you're just an uninterested and unfriendly actor :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Angela

I do not care much about Jack Sparrow... as I do like Depp better anyway...
but about the act... we had several years ago a meeting with Captian Hook wich refused to have his picture taken with us or even sign my autographbook.. so that is just... part of the act I think... at the moment I thought it was weird... but later I did understand (after I became of the shock... lol)

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Angela"I do not care much about Jack Sparrow... as I do like Depp better anyway...
but about the act... we had several years ago a meeting with Captian Hook wich refused to have his picture taken with us or even sign my autographbook.. so that is just... part of the act I think... at the moment I thought it was weird... but later I did understand (after I became of the shock... lol)

Err... I haven't met dlrp's Jack Sparrow, but when I was younger and into the whole character autograph thing Captain Hook was very willing to sign and pose for a photo. So, I'm not sure whether it is meant to be a part of the Hook act...
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Anthony

It makes me laugh when people criticise the performance of the park's Jack Sparrow, yet apparently have no problem when Mary Poppins isn't Julie Andrews... I suppose Jack has a far more distinct character though.

Jack Sparrow has been hilarious every time I've seen him, especially when he decides to go for a jaunt across Adventure Isle and always manages to lose his trail of desperate fans in the caves, who are left wandering around wondering where he went... :lol:

Angela

Quote from: "DisneyAlba"
Quote from: "Angela"I do not care much about Jack Sparrow... as I do like Depp better anyway...

Err... I haven't met dlrp's Jack Sparrow, but when I was younger and into the whole character autograph thing Captain Hook was very willing to sign and pose for a photo. So, I'm not sure whether it is meant to be a part of the Hook act...

than I guess he just did  not like me...  :wink:  I dunno.. he just did not wanted to sign... maybe he was going on a break or something.. I really don't know.. all I know that even little kids did not get an autograph either.. but well.. maybe kids cried to much and they changed that or something.. I really don't know.. otherwise... it was just me.... lol

swity

I think this should not be part of the role. Refusing signs especially to small children is not funny at all. Villians can behave a little nasty but the should give you signs and should be possing for photos.
I met Jack Sparrow once last year and he was really kind..
Also he really looked like Jack Sparrow  :wink:

disneyspells1

When we finally met "Jack Sparrow", it was in our hotel.  He was rude,and ignorant. There were disabled people including my brother waiting to see him and he hardly acknowledged them which in my opinion is wrong.  I know that some people take their casting roles seriously but that was ridiculus. Even the hotel staff had to ask him to sign books for people as he just wanted to stand by a post.

Nala_84

I just want to take a picture with him and nothing more  :lol: Noone can ever "imitate" Johnny, but I'm sure the actors do their best to be a Jack Sparrow ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Xinda

I have to agree with nala.
I think it isn't easy to imitate Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp).
Some of them may seem rude but Jack is a little rude and ignorant that's  part of his character.
I saw Jack at your last visit, he looked amazing and acted ignorant, funny but also nice.

Maybe there are some Jack Sparrows who exaggerate a bit.
It isn't just Jack Sparrow. Just like WDI1992 said "It all depends which actor you meet"

@Angela: Well than Hook doesn't like me either. I had the same experience as you had.  :)
Dead man tell no tales

Hommi16

we met jack at blue lagoon restaurant back in january. Actually he was great. He really looked like the one we know from films and he acted exactly the same way is the "real one". We took a photo with him, but the funniest situation was when somebody from the boot screamed Jack Sparrow. He stoped immediately turned to the boot and screamed "Captain Jack Sparrow"..... Great
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Hommi16

we met jack at blue lagoon restaurant back in january. Actually he was great. He really looked like the one we know from films and he acted exactly the same way is the "real one". We took a photo with him, but the funniest situation was when somebody from the boot screamed Jack Sparrow. He stoped immediately turned to the boot and screamed "Captain Jack Sparrow"..... Great
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Hommi16

dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW