Crystal castle

Started by Nicholas-c, September 07, 2007, 12:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas-c

I dont know if you have seen it or not but i was walking around the shops in main street and there was a really big good looking castle and i looked at the price...

37,000 euros!!! who takes that much to disney with them o.O

either way :P what other expensive stuff have you seen ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anonymous

This one?

Nicholas-c

yea thats the one :P
July 2009 - All alone

Soap

In the early days there was that big wooden Mickey statue @ the Empire.
I think that the dutch piano player Wibi Soerjadi bought that one, one of the biggest Disney fans  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Flounder

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"37,000 euros!!! who takes that much to disney with them o.O

either way :P what other expensive stuff have you seen ?

I thought it would cost € 37.500  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: What a big difference ;)

That wooden Mickey also came to my mind.

WDI1992

Besides the crystal castle you have the big crystal cubes with Walt or Mickey or others inserted by laser wich are expensive (the biggest ones are a couple of 100's). They are available in the Castle itself. Of course there are the little collector's golden statues that are very expensive, can't remember the brand name. Then there are the authentic hand made glasblown sculptures in the Castle and in Main Street. And of course there is a Disney Swarovski Collection too, to be found in several stores in the park and in Village. I myself own a bronze statue of sorcerer Mickey holding a glass globe, they still sell that one and others (Walt and Mickey, etc.) in eg. Liberty arcade.
In DV you can also find a lot of collectors art that is quite costly.
I also bought a Collectors watch this year that is a limited edition, there are several models and I remember one being a 15th Anniversary one, but I didn't get that one.
I believe other expensive things are silver and golden spoons, glass statues, and such. Most can be found in the Castle Shop, Mainstreet Shops (a lot at Emporium) and Village.
Boy we sure do have a lot of saving to do!  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "WDI1992"In DV you can also find a lot of collectors art that is quite costly.
I also bought a Collectors watch this year that is a limited edition, there are several models and I remember one being a 15th Anniversary one, but I didn't get that one.

I got a 15 anniversary watch cost 90 euros (then 20% off) its a good watch :)
July 2009 - All alone

DisneyAlba

Haha, I took a picture of that crystal castle too!  :lol:  There was also another very nice, big and sparkly castle, namely a Swarovski-type version, in Harrington's (that's the name, isn't it? that very expensive store..) on Main Street. Took a picture of that one too.  :wink: But would never spend such money on it.

As far as expensive Disneyana goes, I think our most expensive items are the WDCC (Walt Disney Classics Colection) figurines we own.
Oh, and a castle-shaped lamp, made to commemorate Disneyland's 50th anniversary, with a stained glass dome on top depicting fireworks in the sky.
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

loulou

Quote from: "DisneyAlba"Haha, I took a picture of that crystal castle too!  :lol:  There was also another very nice, big and sparjavascript:emoticon(':cheshire_bounce:')
Cheshire Bouncekly castle, namely a Swarovski-type version, in Harrington's (that's the name, isn't it? that very expensive store..) on Main Street. Took a picture of that one too.  :wink: But would never spend such money on it.

As far as expensive Disneyana goes, I think our most expensive items are the WDCC (Walt Disney Classics Colection) figurines we own.
Oh, and a castle-shaped lamp, made to commemorate Disneyland's 50th anniversary, with a stained glass dome on top depicting fireworks in the sky.

i got 10% off in Harrington's once because that is my surname, how fab!!

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

Anonymous

My most expensive are my Armani's. Dearest was the Sleeping Beauty at $750.  :shock:

RockNRoller

In the book "Sketch to Reality" it talks about how Main Street Motors had 3 antique cars on display, all for sale. By the time I got my copy of the book only 1 was left. Mind you if you buy a car i guess you have the space to carry the rest of your souveniers home. :wink:
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

tubbsy

I dont think my 150 Euros is going to srtetch to get the castle. :(  :(  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club